Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 185 Hydro and every place I look says that the biggest deck it came with is 46", but mine seems to be 48". Has three blades that are 16" long each and measuring the deck seems to put the cutting area at 48" unless I am measuring it wrong.

I can't put the mower on a 48" wide landscape trailer as the mower deck is to wide and hits the metal sides of the trailer.

Any thoughts? could somebody have put a different deck on it?

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
The deck that most 185s came with was either the 38 deck or the 46 deck. The 46 deck will have a part number of AM105398, but from the chart I'm looking at, you can also put a 48 inch deck on it, part number AM118270. See this chart.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The deck that most 185s came with was either the 38 deck or the 46 deck. The 46 deck will have a part number of AM105398, but from the chart I'm looking at, you can also put a 48 inch deck on it, part number AM118270. See this chart.
Thanks for the info.

Now the guy at the parts place says that the 46" deck also takes 3-16" blades and that the blades overlap. I will double check mine when I get home, but I don't think my blades overlap each other, again not 100% positive and will double check when I get home.

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Now the guy at the parts place says that the 46" deck also takes 3-16" blades and that the blades overlap. I will double check mine when I get home, but I don't think my blades overlap each other, again not 100% positive and will double check when I get home.
The 185 Hydro header on JD Partts list it as 38, 46 or 48" deck. But when you drill down into the deck parts it only shows a 38" and 46".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 185 Hydro header on JD Partts list it as 38, 46 or 48" deck. But when you drill down into the deck parts it only shows a 38" and 46".
Just got home and checked the deck. The blades don't overlap at all. So if it has 3 16" blades it is a 48" deck correct?

So I would safe to assume that a belt that is for a 46" deck will be wrong for my 48" deck, correct?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Just got home and checked the deck. The blades don't overlap at all. So if it has 3 16" blades it is a 48" deck correct?

So I would safe to assume that a belt that is for a 46" deck will be wrong for my 48" deck, correct?
Sorry for being so late to the game. Blades generally don't pass over each other. My guess to what your parts guy meant by the term "over lap," is that the blades are in a triangle configuration and they will cover the same ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts