Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1025R 825i x390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here and looking for advice on the frontier AV20F cylinder. Recently got the Artillian diverter kit installed with new couplers on the loader mounted side for the grapple connection. Grappled some brush and noticed the cylinder leaking from the rod/wiper seal. Called Deere and got the cylinder switched out. Back to grappling and same thing. Called again and switched the cylinder out. Third cylinder and I am having the same issue. At this point the only thing I can think of is switching out the grapple side quick connects. Am I right in guessing a brand new quick connect coupler can fail and not allow fluid to flow back causing these cylinders to blow seals? This is on a 2018 1025R with 120R loader and a 2020 AV20F with the Artillian diverter kit. Appreciate and advice any of you might have on what else to check.

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
I can't see how a coupler could cause that issue-if the coupler was bad and acting as a check valve (very possible with older ones) , the cylinder would only move in one direction, and the engine would be lugging down trying to move the other way.

·
Registered
1025R 825i x390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see how a coupler could cause that issue-if the coupler was bad and acting as a check valve (very possible with older ones) , the cylinder would only move in one direction, and the engine would be lugging down trying to move the other way.
Thanks for the reply. I changed them for good measure. Still waiting on a new cylinder to come in. The dealer thinks it's a bad batch of cylinders. I don't have any other leaks in the system.

·
Registered
1025R 825i x390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also got to add another member from another site with the same grapple bought 2 months ago like myself is having the same issue and on his second cylinder with the same outcome ??

Reactions: chex313
1 - 4 of 4 Posts