Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an Ingersol Rand spray gun that I like. But I'm not sure if I can change the size of the spray tips...and I really don't understand the need for different size nozzles. If you know spray guns, can you post a comment about my questions & give some advice also. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
What are you painting, and how expensive is the paint??

I paint little and BIG stuff (relatively), I use cheap paint (TSC) and rather than change nozzles, I thin the paint differently,,,,

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
My Paasche airbrush is just a miniature spray gun and I have three different nozzles for it. Use a big nozzle for big areas; otherwise you'll be spending lots of time painting and the coverage will be streaky with a small nozzle.

As CADplans stated; paint type, quality, amount of thinning, etc are all part of the equation.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you painting, and how expensive is the paint??

I paint little and BIG stuff (relatively), I use cheap paint (TSC) and rather than change nozzles, I thin the paint differently,,,,

Painting tractor parts-Restoration work & maintenance work. Large sheet metal parts, fiberglass hoods, etc. Quality paints like Valspar automotive paints for John Deere green & yellow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Paint Guns

There are lots of threads on other sites about painting- but the most important (in my experience) is to closely follow the paint thinning instructions
from the paint manufacturer and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. I have used a piece of sheet metal from an old appliance and when the paint is
right I have not messed up anything I really need to paint. If you read the adjustment section of your paint gun manual, you can fine tune the spray
pattern for different conditions. Good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
As a former commercial painter, it pains me to say this, but I buy Harbor Freight LVHP guns and treat them as single use and junk them each time.

:bigthumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts