Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 2 walking plows for yard ornaments. One is a Oliver L40 and the other is unknown. Does anyone know of the color combinations these were painted when new? The Oliver appears to be green. I was thinking of either green or red with black for the metal. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Wood Musical instrument Leaf Wood Botany Grass Wood Plant Grass Shade Bumper

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I'm not mistaken, the Oliver(with wood beam) is natural wood, no paint(oil rubbed).
I'd love to do that but someone has paint everywhere and with the wood being around 100 years old, I'm not sure it would survive stripping it. I found a restored one online that was red?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the Oliver was a little rougher than I thought so I ended up staining both with some Behr stain and painted the metal with Rustoleum. I should get a few more years out of them. Best part was I already had the supplies so all I have in both is $60 for the plows!

Plant Window Mulch Land lot Road surface
Plant Flower Dog Natural landscape Carnivore

·
Registered
588 Posts
Those look really good. Wayne.

Reactions: Wayne007

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Turned out very nice but your dog appears to be looking at you like he realizes you don't have a horse.

Reactions: trav and Wayne007
1 - 9 of 9 Posts