Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,966 Posts
Ya haven't given us a whole lot to work with here Big John! How about telling us exactly where you are at with this and what you've done thusfar.

For example, have you tried loosening the lugs? :laugh:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'm not much help on the topic, but...

:gtfam:

We have a very active and knowledgeable group on the topic of L&G, so expect someone can help you. But, as was posted above, might help to know more info. Is there any play, or is it seized completely?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,671 Posts
Welcome to GTT big john 2.
I'll echo JimR's statement
Ya haven't given us a whole lot to work with here Big John! How about telling us exactly where you are at with this and what you've done thusfar.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you have the lug nuts or lug bolts removed which ever it has, use a 10lb maul and pound on the inside and outside of the tire, don't hit the rim as you are apt to damage the rim. You may need to pound the h--- out of it. You could also try soaking where it contacts the hub with WD40. I've had some that it took all the beating I could give with a 10lb maul , it finally broke loose. Another option if there is a place to use a porta power and put pressure against it, then rap with a maul.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Agreed with above. But Kroil is my penetrating oil of choice. I've also found a well placed mule-kick with a good boot on will break them loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
967 Posts
Another method... would be to WD-40 the hub/bolt/rim contact area. Then put the nuts or bolts back on loose with some play. Drive it around a bit. Start, Stop, turn left, turn right etc..... Just might do it for you.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts