Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a whelen edge 9000 with strobe lights from my fire chief and I am wanting to install it on my new truck an 2009 Chevy Silverado ltz i want to know how i can run the cable. The light is on a head ache rack so i don't want to drill a hole in the roof or the 3rd brake light,and second would be the switch box i found a picture on line on the placement of it Name: Thread_ 2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 with videos Update 11_29 ___.jpg Views: 20 Size: 21.2 KB. Who makes it. My truck has the same center console

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just purchased a whelen edge 9000 with strobe lights from my fire chief and I am wanting to install it on my new truck an 2009 Chevy Silverado ltz i want to know how i can run the cable. The light is on a head ache rack so i don't want to drill a hole in the roof or the 3rd brake light,and second would be the switch box i found a picture on line on the placement of it Name: Thread_ 2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 with videos Update 11_29 ___.jpg Views: 20 Size: 21.2 KB. Who makes it. My truck has the same center console
this is what happened to my old truck ryan's truck accident picture.jpg

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've installed many. Pull the seats that are in your way. Run the wires under the interior flooring (rug) to the rear. Find a good place and and Drill / etc through the floor. Rubber grommet etc

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
For the cable, would use Delphi grommet part number 12084971. It's what I used when I installed a backup camera on my 2011 Silverado LTZ.
I drilled thru the firewall same place the factory uses. There is a dimple stamped in the firewall.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've always run the wires for my strobes down the headache rack, up the frame, thru an existing hole in the firewall, and to a switch on the dash or headliner. It takes more wire but it saves drilling or pulling seats and carpet. If you take a little more time and effort, you can even add the strobe wire to an existing wire bundle in your wiring harness to make it look like a original option.

This method also works well with antenna cables.

Reactions: JimR
1 - 8 of 8 Posts