Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "Weekend Warrior" neighbor purchased an Orange SCUT over the winter with FEL, belly mower, and backhoe. I dropped in on my 4-wheeler last Saturday and he was broken down. He explained that he was mowing, hit a rock with the belly mower deck, then heard a strange noise from the left spindle with PTO engaged. He had the mower deck off and upside down on his garage floor and was headed into the house to Google potential causes.

I noticed the right side shroud bent by the rock in such a way to trap the blade. I advised him how to free the blade and gently bend the shroud to prevent a recurrence of the event. Shortly after I returned home, I heard him mowing again.

I've suggested a few topics for him to research/consider, such as rear ballast, greasing, and preventing belt damage by not not attempting to run the mid-PTO with a stuck blade, etc.

He's got about 10 hours on the machine, is getting a good feel for the controls and capabilities, and has already benefitted by having a more capable machine than a riding mower on his 5 acres. His wife wanted the side by side to cruise the valleys, but was deterred by the $22k price tag,

That color though,

Brian

Registered
You are a very good neighbor. Especially to help someone out that has the wrong color. 馃槒 All joking aside. It's nice to know there are people still out there that are willing to help out there neighbors. It seems now a days thats hard to find. Very nice of you & also in schooling him some on his machine & giving pointers. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are a very good neighbor. Especially to help someone out that has the wrong color. 馃槒 All joking aside. It's nice to know there are people still out there that are willing to help out there neighbors. It seems now a days thats hard to find. Very nice of you & also in schooling him some on his machine & giving pointers. 馃憤
Mackford13 - Thanks for your kind words. Some neighbors are more approachable than others. Bill readily admitted that he was new to the country life last year when they bought the home. He asks a lot of good questions and seems receptive to my advice. I won't force my thoughts onto anyone who doesn't seem to need it or want it; I respect that.

I plan on taking my grease gun next door to re-grease the mower spindles for him this weekend,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.