Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Herd M96 spreader on CL Saturday with a asking price of $100. After a few emails with the guy I found out it was locked up, and the tractor side of the PTO shaft was missing. He really knew nothing about it, just wanted it gone.

So, I offered him $75 and he took it. Needs some TLC to free it up, but all-in-all it's in OK shape. The PTO shaft will be the pricey thing to replace unless I can find a wrecked shaft and fix it up since I only the one side.

List price is $625, I have been quoted about $500 though...

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looks like a deal Kenny!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
Kenny,

Nice find...what type of seed will you be using? What are/were you using previously?

Thanks,
lost

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!I was using a push around broadcast spreader, mainly with fertilizer, lime, and regular grass seed. This will be a winter project getting it fixed up and iMatch compatible before spring.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks Kenny,

The intent of my questions were whether it would handle fertilizer or just seed. Sounds like you have good winter project lined up.

lost

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK bringing this back from the dead :lol:

Today I did a bit more disassembly and made it QH compatible, the existing top link hole is WAAAY to high for any QH, even an adjustable one:

So, using this picture I got years ago from the internet or the TBN forum, I set out to make mine fit my iMatch QH. It's not fancy or elegant, the goal today was quick, easy and functional since this will see little use.

Gas Wire Machine Tool

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just used some 2-1/2" x 1/4 angle iron, drilled 3/4" holes for the top link pin, and welded to the round uprights. I first used a bolt to hold everything in alignment while I welded it up.

Random pics below, again this was quick, simple and functional.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts