Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the news tonight and of course all they're talking about is the weather, recent snowfall and related events like buildings collapsing and cars going off the road and dropping 50' into a snow drift (good thing). They were showing a clip where a tracked skid loader was using a snow push like I've never seen before. Instead of the usual pushed box design this unit had a cutaway off-road tire mounted to a back frame. So, I Googled it and found this video. Maybe I've been living under a rock but never seen this. Looks like it works great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpifsw1PYhM

snowtechusa.com - Home

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Wow that is cool. Thanks for posting. Find a big old tire I might have to make one:lol::thumbup1gif:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
But, the BAT was losing out the sides as well, just not as much as the bucket. To hear the guy talking about it, the BAT was leaving nothing on the edges, and claimed all the windrow was left by the bucket. Did not appear that way to me.

Other than that, I cannot comment, since pushing snow is not in my job description!! :mocking: :airplane:

·
Super Moderator
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But, the BAT was losing out the sides as well, just not as much as the bucket. To hear the guy talking about it, the BAT was leaving nothing on the edges, and claimed all the windrow was left by the bucket. Did not appear that way to me.

Other than that, I cannot comment, since pushing snow is not in my job description!! :mocking: :airplane:
I think the spillover from the BAT was minimal. You'll always get some. As you can tell snow removal is THE topic of discussion in the Northeast lately. Come on out and visit. We'll show you how to handle snow.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Pretty cool.
As i was finishing my last job up and de-mobing, i stacked 20 BATS in 30 yard roll offs.:laugh:
Seems like a neat idea, although i can't see how there's a patent pending on cutting a tire in half and bolting it to a frame.

·
Super Moderator
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty cool.
As i was finishing my last job up and de-mobing, i stacked 20 BATS in 30 yard roll offs.:laugh:
Seems like a neat idea, although i can't see how there's a patent pending on cutting a tire in half and bolting it to a frame.
Wondering if they use a new or used tire? Seems like a sin to cut up an expensive, new tire. Maybe they use rejects or cases damaged beyond repair.

·
Premium Member
14,730 Posts
That is different , but seems to work.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm sure they aren't new.
Loader and off road truck tires get bad sidewalls after awhile. Too many splits to section.
Then it's time to trash them.

·
8,558 Posts
I think the spillover from the BAT was minimal. You'll always get some. As you can tell snow removal is THE topic of discussion in the Northeast lately. Come on out and visit. We'll show you how to handle snow.
Thank you for the generous offer, SGS, but I think I'll stay as far South as possible until things begin to thaw!! :flag_of_truce: :airplane:

·
Registered
223 Posts
We've been using about this same thing built out of huge tires cut in half mounted on skid steer's for cleaning free stall dairy barns and moving snow for years, not many large dairy operations don't have them here in Wi.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
We've been using about this same thing built out of huge tires cut in half mounted on skid steer's for cleaning free stall dairy barns and moving snow for years, not many large dairy operations don't have them here in Wi.
Ya know now that you mention it...
I seem to recall one of those kid videos my son used to watch, every five minutes, that had a skid steer using a tire like that clearing out poops.
It was a great video about the start to finish of milk to market.

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Thank you for the generous offer, SGS, but I think I'll stay as far South as possible until things begin to thaw!! :flag_of_truce: :airplane:
Smart woman!!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts

FG if you got one of these and cut the bottom sidewall off it would work for you on cleaning you barn. :thumbup1gif: Which brings me to my point I was going to make about this. Why didn't they cut the bottom sidewall off? Seems to me it would work better. It would work great for slurry on dairy farms as someone mentioned. To much :gizmo: for me to spend on half a tire. :nunu:

·
8,558 Posts
My current horse herd lives in the pastures, not in the barn. They are closed up in the arena and attached pens with sheds at night, or if I need them up for a reason. Sure saves me a lot of that shoveling and cleaning that I used to have to do! :thumbup1gif: :airplane:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts