Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I currently have a 3720 for snow moving, yard grading, garden tilling, and misc. loader work, along with an X485 and GX255 for lawn duty. I've been shopping for a second CUT to use at my work (light grading, leveling, snow moving, and materials moving around new construction homes) and at home. I was thinking about a 1025R, I don't want anything too bulky or heavy 'cause it will be trailered on a regular basis, but job sites can get muddy at times with deeper ruts, probably not ideal for a 1025R. I found this site, and with all the very helpful information found here, am very close to deciding on a 3025E. It doesn't cost much more than the 1025R which is really shocking to me, but is a larger tractor & seems to be much more appropriate for what I'd use it for. I wouldn't have thought 25 HP would be anywhere near adequate, but all the excellent feedback here has changed my mind, would like to thank everyone for that. When not using this tractor for work, I can certainly share implements at home with my 3720. For the smaller projects I do around home, I'm looking forward to not having a cab from spring thru fall. With the new tractor, I'm planning to get a 60" brush cutter, along with a 72" blade; between this and the implements I already have, should have just about everything covered for now. Still undecided on the tires, R4 or turf... :dunno:

After reading here for some time, thought I should just join, will need to post pictures of the 3025E if I do end up getting it. It will be a 2018 model with all the changes coming to the 3025E for 2018, hope to get some good pictures of the changes so anyone interested can see. That really sounds like a GREAT tractor for the price, dealer says they will get me a 2018 with the current rebates. Guessing those huge rebates will be reduced significantly when the redesigned 2018's are in circulation.

Let's see if this works, here's the current collection:

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,557 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Nice fleet!

:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
Jay,

Love your Deere. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,749 Posts

·
Registered
12,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,911 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,408 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. nice looking crew there. I wasn't aware they were redesigning the 3025E. The only problem I have with the E series is they don't have the quick removal FEL. Good luck:good2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from Illinois. nice looking crew there. I wasn't aware they were redesigning the 3025E. The only problem I have with the E series is they don't have the quick removal FEL. Good luck:good2:
Thanks! Since the 3025E was new for 2017, it didn't seem likely a new redesign would come for 2018, but I guess it rides along with the rest in that line, the 3032E and 3038E, which have been around for quite awhile.

The FEL without quick removal is a concern of mine too, but I have myself convinced that it won't really matter for my use if the loader stays on all the time. I just took the loader off my 3720 last week for the first time, and I've had it 4 years now, and that was just for cleaning and an oil change. Whenever I'm using the tractor with something on the rear, I just keep the loader on for front ballast anyway. Now in your situation, with a mid mount mower, or anyone who uses the tractor for mowing, it seems you'd absolutely want the loader off for mowing lawn. Of course that's another thing with the E series, no mid mount mower available.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

1 - 14 of 14 Posts