Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very Transformers lol this one won’t crack!!

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Looks like a green star wars sand crawler

·
Registered
498 Posts
It looks better then an open engine and I like the grill, but I have to ask what model tractor it is. On many airflow is critical both intake and heat exhaust.
It says '345' between the headlights.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey, its covered, who cares what anyone things if you like it!

It looks better then an open engine and I like the grill, but I have to ask what model tractor it is. On many airflow is critical both intake and heat exhaust.
Agreed.
Sometimes small vents look inconsequential, but they are actually very necessary.
Id keep an eye on the temp, with a non-contact thermometer if necessary.
It appears that on the 345, the air intake for the engine cooling air is on top. Thats likely why the original hood had a couple slits running down the sides.
Without them, its likely to start recycling hot air from the front back through the top, which will increase engine temperatures.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
The 345 hood does separate intake air and heat exhaust (both engine air and cooling on top, and heat discharge on the bottom), but it’s liquid cooled so you should have an idiot light to tell you if there is a problem. It’s also not known for marginal cooling so hopefully there’s no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks great - can't crack or burn to a crisp like the plastic versions. Not a jinx - unfortunately I know from experience!

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
How about some more pictures to show how it opens or does it lift off? Also, what thickness is it? Like to see how it attaches, etc on the inside. More photo details, please.......

If you still have the plastic hood, its something to practice "Plastic Welding" on, which is something I found needs practice to make it work correctly so the repair is strong and also so it looks decent......

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 345 hood does separate intake air and heat exhaust (both engine air and cooling on top, and heat discharge on the bottom), but it’s liquid cooled so you should have an idiot light to tell you if there is a problem. It’s also not known for marginal cooling so hopefully there’s no problems.
I have owned 318, 322, 332, 345, 425, 455, X495, X595, and X740 model JD garden tractors. They all had the same common flaw. You had to keep the air intake screens clean or the engine would get hot. I believe you are going to have an overheating problem. A 345 is water cooled, but you need to have ample air intake and discharge for the radiator to properly cool the engine. Your hood design does have enough intake or exhaust air flow. But that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Since it has a steel hood shouldn’t it be painted Orange.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
It's different, reminds me of that female maid robot on the Jetsons' cartoon. With the money savings now you can splurge for some front tires.
The brick pattern is the signature of low buck tires. I replaced the original firestone fronts on my 69 112 with those in 94, by 96 they were rotten junk. I then put Goodyear on on they still hold air. The rears are still good.

·
Administrator
17,325 Posts
The guys hasn't been online since he posted that...another HRP (hit-n-run poster). Maybe he just wanted to try to advertise his business with his username?

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
The guys hasn't been online since he posted that...another HRP (hit-n-run poster). Maybe he just wanted to try to advertise his business with his username?
Gee, and we were generally restrained with our replies as well............so we wouldn't run him off. He will probably be back in about May asking how to solve the overheating issue he is experiencing as the temps warm up. Even liquid cooled machines need fresh air flow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts