Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a JD 1025R from early 2016 through 2018. Sold it.

Just bought another a few weeks ago. Significant changes in the MMM.

With the 2015 / 2016, I just dropped the mower, flicked the silver bar and back up. Couldn't be easier.

I've read the manual several times on this, searched videos... I cannot figure out how to disengage the locking lever for this 2021 model.

I didn't get the dealer demo when delivered (wow... a lot of alliteration there... sorry) - as I knew I knew it. But turns out with the design change since 2015, I know nothing.

Any tips or a Video that takes me to the underside of the tractor so I can see the new lever system in action?

Thanks in advance.

- Ken

PS: Its possible I've damaged something down there... got locked up on a small stump the other day (not mowing) and had to use the loader to lift me off of it, put some wood under the tires, etc, etc.... its not a Ken Tractor until I've got it stuck someplace... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Just flip up the bottle shaped latches, one on either side.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Bottle latch :ROFLMAO:
I'm gonna call it that forever.. 😁

Also you have to bump forward (with deck on the ground) sometimes to take pressure of the bottle latches so they can move (y)

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Also you have to bump forward (with deck on the ground) sometimes to take pressure of the bottle latches so they can move (y)
Is that "popping the cork"? ;)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
If it is tight and it won’t flip up, with the deck lowered to install just drive ahead a little. I find I always give it a bump when I get it down to save getting back on the tractor.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
There is two pins that have to come out first, one on each side. There is also a second hole for the pins, just a place to store them.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
There is two pins that have to come out first, one on each side. There is also a second hole for the pins, just a place to store them.
The pins are missing in my pic. You can see the 2 holes right above the bottom of the bottle.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AH-HAH!!! That's probably why I couldn't get it together.

The 2015 had no pins to remove. Just a bar to flip. The pins probably keep the bottle on the shelf... :)

(/bottlemetaphors)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seems that some mowers have the pins and others don't. I have a brand new 1025R delivered December 2020 and it don't have, nor has it ever had, any pins to hold the bottle latches.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
Seems that some mowers have the pins and others don't. I have a brand new 1025R delivered December 2020 and it don't have, nor has it ever had, any pins to hold the bottle latches.
No pins with mine either (also delivered early December).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Mine is a 2025r with a 60”deck, it’s two years old. It seems like the pins are just something to keep the latches from popping up when you hit a bump or something. I wonder if the pins were left off during setup or if 1 series machines don’t have them?

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
I am wading into waters that are already over my head as I don't have the MMM......

Are those pins the number 2 shown in the screen shot? It says there are 4 required. When you see all of the parts involved in the "MDF Lift", its pretty intimidating.......

Screenshot_2021-04-15 John Deere Parts Catalog(1).png

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
Yes that is them. I know where 2 of them go, I’m not sure where the other 2 go.
They are shown in the upper part of the illustration which I had clipped before to fit.

Screenshot_2021-04-15 John Deere Parts Catalog(2).png

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine had pins but they currently reside in the toolbox. Extra unnecessary step in my opinion.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am wading into waters that are already over my head as I don't have the MMM......

Are those pins the number 2 shown in the screen shot? It says there are 4 required. When you see all of the parts involved in the "MDF Lift", its pretty intimidating.......

View attachment 783159
yes, but they’re just hairpin clips. The diagram There shows two and I’m guessing two somewhere else.

I was looking at this the other day and agree, it really is an intimidating setup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts