Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no friends and hope I can make friends here.
I am on the fence getting a new John Deere 1023 or 1025,,,,got price the 1023 with the front loader and mow deck is $13,575 and the same equip 1025 is $16,275.
I just bought a new house with a good acre of grass that I will need a riding lawnmower that I never owned before plus I have a garage and driveway 150' long to plow out in the winter,,, so I thought "why not have one machine that does both"?
I already own a new 2018 Polaris Ranger 900 side-by-side with a plow with full cab and heater that can plow any snow but I don't off-road ride it anymore, just use it to plow so I was thinking of giving it away to my son and his family that they could have more fun with it.
The issue I have is will the John Deere get the extreme 4x4 traction in the snow like a 4x4 side-by-side has and will the diesel engine start up after sitting in a cold garage? (I won't have room in my garage to own both)
Should I just keep my Polaris for plowing snow and just buy a cheap riding lawnmower or buy the JD 1023-1025? Money isn't a problem.
I was also looking at the Yanmar similar models that were priced at $17,200 and $20,200.
A friend gave me the idea cause he wants a 4x4 compact tractor but his wife won't allow him to buy one so I like to buy one just to make him jealous with envy (his wife is the breadwinner of the family, he only married her for her money)
I didn't move into my new house yet and I got time to figure that out plus I will be busy moving in and buying new stuff for the house so I have time to buy one, but in early May I am going to need something to cut my grass.
Everything I buy, I buy the best cause I only want to buy it once, that's why I own a new F-150 with the 3.5 ecoboost and if I buy a compact 4x4 tractor I want the best,,,, is the John Deere the best?
Thank You

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
if I buy a compact 4x4 tractor I want the best,,,, is the John Deere the best?
Thank You
Depends on who you ask. For me? Yes.
:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
7,954 Posts
JD :good2: in our opinion........:greentractorride:

:gtfam:

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Administrator
20,476 Posts

Watch out. Some of these guys will recommend a 9 series to cut your grass. They don’t offer a drive-over auto-connect belly mower for those tractors, but they do have A/C. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,993 Posts
:wgtt: GO FOR THE 1025R---as far as friends u will make lots on here.:thumbup1gif:

please show us where at in Pa. in ur avatar-ok. thanks! maybe we're close to each other in Pa.:unknown:u never know!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :gtfam:

Either 1025R or keep the Polaris and get a zero turn. It really depends on how much you will use the tractor as a tractor and not just as a lawn mower. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Thank You for the nice welcome
my saying is spend all your money now cause you can be dead tomorrow
:wgtt:from Hagerstown md :thumbup1gif: I can see you will fit right in with most of us especially in the good morning thread :thumbup1gif: in my opinion john deere is the best :greentractorride: I don't know much about the 1 series but you can check out ttwt site for some good videos on the 1 series Tractor Time with Tim - Tim, Christy & Katriel's Tractor Adventures I would probably go with the 1025r due to the fact it has a lot more features then a 1023e what part of pa are you in I border the pa line by Waynesboro hers a link to you tube videos of ttwt https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFndeI09kfxpjP9hdLkNrg there is a lot of information on his website

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Welcome from New York! That was a real nice introduction!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will a lot of uses for that 1025! Maybe even invent a couple. Where at in PA are you?

·
Premium Member
14,404 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello from the York area and welcome.

Having just researched and bought a 1023E, allow me to offer what I might have done if money were truly no object.

Get a 1025R with the Mouser Cab and a snow blade for the FEL, Subtract the mower deck and apply that toward a zero turn mower. Give the Polaris to your son.
Or, instead of the FEL snow blade, you could get the quick attach 60" blade and 54" snowblower. Those 2 would take care of any snows we're likely to get. The Mouser cab will let you clear the snow in relative comfort and is almost a necessity with a blower.

There are spots in my yard where I'm a little concerned about the slope with the much higher center of gravity on the 1023E, not to mention low branches on trees I need to remove to clear the 1023E's ROPS. Combining a zero turn would give you the best of both worlds.

Just a thought. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts