Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this winch laying around for a long time without a use for it until I read the winch thread. After kicking a few things around, all I needed was the extended receiver tube which a run to Harbor Freight took care of. The rest was just measuring, cutting, tapping a few holes and welding it all together.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wired the tractor up for it only to find out that the wireless relay box was toast. I got the new one in yesterday and they went from 6 ga wire down to 10 go wire. The winch should pull 150A @ 12V, so I'm thinking that I will need to open the box up and change the wires.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Will that small winch pull your tractor out of a "situation"? Or do you have other plans for it?

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
12,962 Posts
I've had this winch laying around for a long time without a use for it until I read the winch thread. After kicking a few things around, all I needed was the extended receiver tube which a run to Harbor Freight took care of. The rest was just measuring, cutting, tapping a few holes and welding it all together.

View attachment 795507
View attachment 795508

View attachment 795509
View attachment 795510
That’s pretty much what I run, but I thought I was able to get the entire mount from HF. I put large battery clips on it, so it can go with any vehicle, or I can use a chain and a lawn and garden battery to improvise a mount.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did exactly what you have done except I put it on the front of my gator. It will pull the gator so long as the wire rope is only out about 5'. Winch looses too much capacity when the cable is pulled out much more than that. It still works, just nowhere near 2500 lbs. Fully extended with only a wrap or two on the spool and you can stop the winch by just holding the cable. I understand that is how all winch companies rate their winches, just kind of disappointing at how weak it truly is. In hindsight I should have gone up to a larger size, but only thing the winch is used for is as a helping hand. I stuck the gator once on some sand and the winch was a joke. Had to go get tractor and pull it out.

·
Registered
12,962 Posts
Here’s my setup, I had it out today.

Even fully spooled it dragged an 800lb tractor up a mesh ramp with no tires turning, and still had enough strength to rip the mower off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts