Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
And this is why I like Heavy Hitch ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ top notch customer service. :good2:
Same. I build a lot of my own stuff, like my suitcase weight bracket, but will be buying a HH toothbar, hopefully soon. If not soon, maybe Ill get one in my stocking!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I am the OP and have been emailing back and forth with Greg. I see he has already posted on here, and is taking great care of me. I did not intend for this to be a negative thread towards him, I was just curious as to why I was having issues and what was I doing wrong.

Needless to say, I chose his bar over cheaper alternatives. I will go with quality over price the majority of the time. He did say he could not log in here and I have had this issue myself. Not once did an email go unanswered for more than a couple hours, weekends included!

As far as anybody sitting on the fence on buying one of these, I wholeheartedly recommend Heavy Hitch and the customer service he provides. He replies to emails usually the same day, and even sent me some replacement screws and offered to send another style of screw to solve this issue.

I also have his Heavy Hitch, and you can just feel the quality when pulling it out of the box. The powdercoat is top notch!

Like I said, you pay more, you expect more, and Heavy Hitch provides more!! I will definitely purchase anything he has over a competitor regardless of price.

signed a customer for life!

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
I am the OP and have been emailing back and forth with Greg. I see he has already posted on here, and is taking great care of me. I did not intend for this to be a negative thread towards him, I was just curious as to why I was having issues and what was I doing wrong.
I think the majority of this thread was folks simply comparing their tooth bar and taking a swag at what they thought the problem might be. I didn't see it developing into a pi--ing contest towards HH. Not everyone lives on the forums 24x7, especially vendors (ok, well maybe Kenny is the exception). :)

It sounds like HH has everything well in hand and you on the way to being a satisfied customer.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
It would be very helpful if the OP or the vendor would relate back to us the diagnosis of the problem once it is resolved.
It helps us guessers to know if our logic was trending properly and will undoubtably help many folks in the future who may be searching out information about purchasing or installing tooth bars.
I'm very impressed to hear about this vendors excellent customer service as well. I haven't purchased any of his products yet but it sure sounds like I could do it with supreme confidence.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well the new tooth bar showed up and thankfully the shanks are all marked Pengo. I pull my tractor into the garage and loosen the hex screws and pull the old bar off. In fact, once the screws were loose the whole bar was loose sitting on the edge.
I placed the old one on the ground to compare them side by side. Looks to me like the flat bar holding the shanks is noticeably closer to the front of the teeth that the new one. Holes look to be about the same place as each other.
I went and put the new bar on the bucket and immediately noticed it was very tight and snug. In fact it was difficult to move it sideways to center it. There was no play or slop, and I almost think I could use it without the screws!
I decided to take it back off, and had to actually get a hammer out and tap it a few times to get it off. The old one like I said would almost fall off on own.
I did put it to work digging out some river rock and dirt, hit a few roots that were deep and it did not budge 1 mm. I boxed up the old one in the package the new one came in and returned it to Heavy Hitch.
I have my suspicions but I will let Greg evaluate it and he can disclose what the official issue is.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just got through emailing so2315 with our findings:
We did get the other one back and there was an issue with it. The holes in the shanks are 3/16" too far forward which brings the cutter edge 3/16" forward....doesn't sound like much, but enough to cause an issue. The good thing is, to the best of our knowledge, there were only 14 shanks drilled and tapped that way and we have 7 back on yours! The person that set up the machine did not have the stop in the proper place. The shanks were put in a place so they wouldn't get used, but our shop clean up person did not realize there was a problem with them and put them in line with the others! The others have to be on a 7 shank bar as well.

We will work with whomever may be having an issue, just PM and we'll get it figured out!

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
We will work with whomever may be having an issue, just PM and we'll get it figured out!
Wow... thank you! I can't express how satisfying it is to have a vendor follow up with a root cause on an issue. Too many times we're left in the dark to wonder if a problem is a one-off or a new norm due to a manufacturing change.

This will give future tooth bar customers peace of mind.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
Very good of you to share the results you found Greg!
Wow... thank you! I can't express how satisfying it is to have a vendor follow up with a root cause on an issue. Too many times we're left in the dark to wonder if a problem is a one-off or a new norm due to a manufacturing change.

This will give future tooth bar customers peace of mind.

Thanks again!
What they said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you Greg :good2:

And this is why I will continue to support Heavy Hitch.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
This makes all the more happy about the amount of money I've been throwing at Heavy Hitch the last week since I got my 1026r.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can you take a look at my photos and let me know if you think my issue is related to the hole offset issue? I still haven't put this back on and torqued it to 40lb-ft and tried digging to see if that will fix it, so thought I'd just let you take a look to save me the trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I just got through emailing so2315 with our findings:
We did get the other one back and there was an issue with it. The holes in the shanks are 3/16" too far forward which brings the cutter edge 3/16" forward....doesn't sound like much, but enough to cause an issue. The good thing is, to the best of our knowledge, there were only 14 shanks drilled and tapped that way and we have 7 back on yours! The person that set up the machine did not have the stop in the proper place. The shanks were put in a place so they wouldn't get used, but our shop clean up person did not realize there was a problem with them and put them in line with the others! The others have to be on a 7 shank bar as well.

Please PM me so I can get your name and address and we'll get a replacement coming!
I guess you found the second defective toothbar you were looking for! :laugh:

Seriously though, I have to give you a tip of the hat for standing behind your product like you do!! You are definitely running a top notch outfit!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Folks, please do as I just did and add to Heavy Hitch's reputation.
This is outstanding customer support.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts