Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, great forum.

I'm not an owner but I am the operator of a 5625.

Been using it the past few weekends to do some slashing or mowing ( which ever you choose to call it) seems to be a interesting tractor to get use to, with all it's funny safety measures etc. But over all it does the job.

Just one question, to put them into 4wd is it just the switch on the dash with Auto on it than you press? I turned it on yesterday, but found it strange there was no lights on the dash to tell you it's engaged considering they give you one for the pto.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.
I have been looking through that online manual for awhile today and I can't find any mention of the 4wd switch. Maybe it's mentioned in another one?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome. I seen you register this morning and I thought it was a very cool user name.

I am unfamiliar with the 5625 but it does seem odd that it does not have a light. Unless its an auto 4x4 that only engages when it needs it?

I will put this in for a question for Kjung to look at. I am sure he knows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
User name is a cross between being an Aussie and a scot, with a last name starting with McC thus Ozzymac.

As for the switch it has 3 positions, I guess the first is 2 wd, then 4wd, then Auto. But so far haven't been able to find it mentioned anywhere.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Ozzy,
You are correct. There is no indicator light for the MFWD. As you get used to the machine, you will be able to "feel" if the MFWD is engaged or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi kjung,
Thanks for the info.
That is pretty funny when you consider they put a warning light to tell you that the pto is engaged, I suppose there must be someone that wouldn't see or hear the pto?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Hi kjung,
Thanks for the info.
That is pretty funny when you consider they put a warning light to tell you that the pto is engaged, I suppose there must be someone that wouldn't see or hear the pto?

Cheers
Welcome Ozzy. There is a PTO light because the lawyers want one there. So far the lawyers don't think MFWD warrants owners to be protected from themselves...yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.