Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day. Rick here from Port Lincoln, South Australia.
Just bought a 2018 1023e with 12 hrs on it from an older bloke in Horsham, 1100ks away.
It is fitted with a 4 in 1 loader and the 60 inch mid deck manual connect.
I am currently making a 3 point carryall, fitted with a tow hitch and chain links to permit towing of a steel mesh sheet I use to level a 100 metre gravel driveway.
Have established a 3 acre block which has lots of loose big granite over the past 4 years; I bought a used Toyota KHuski skid steer to do the heavy work which was marvellous, strong hydraulics, reliable, easy to service but made a big mess for the finer work. That sold quickly so given the work is now mowing and lots of lighter loader work (we have 1.5 acres of garden, the 1023 is the replacement.
My nearest JD dealer is 80ks away.
I used a lot of JD big stuff on farms in my past and got on well with it.
So far I have found the 1023 OK but fiddly and even harder than the Huski to work on in terms of access.
This site and its associated forum is INVALUABLE as it has helped detective unexpected problems with brakes, handbrake and mid deck pto clock collar.
More strength to you.

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Rick,

One day I’d like to see how operating a tractor upside down works. :good2:

Make yourself comfortable, you’re amongst friends here. :drinks:

·
Premium Member
14,133 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome

Hi Rick,
Welcome from Milan, Ohio.
I have a friend in Brisbane who participates in the Para Olympics. She moved to Australia about 20 years ago from Toronto Canada. She is quite an inspiration. Someday Australia is on my travel list.

Have fun with your tractor. Enjoy the forum.

Chris

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :wgtt:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
11,415 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,123 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
G'day Mate! (In my best Crocodile Dundee imitation)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Rick - Welcome from southern Ohio, USA. In 1998, my wife and I visited your great country, spending time in New South Wales and Queensland, but not South Aus. We both became quickly fond of the land down under.

I'm happy to see you join this fine forum; I wish you continued success with your new purchase, the good folk here will help you troubleshoot/repair and spend your money on improvements and implements.

Cheers,

Brian

G'day. Rick here from Port Lincoln, South Australia.
Just bought a 2018 1023e with 12 hrs on it from an older bloke in Horsham, 1100ks away.
It is fitted with a 4 in 1 loader and the 60 inch mid deck manual connect.
I am currently making a 3 point carryall, fitted with a tow hitch and chain links to permit towing of a steel mesh sheet I use to level a 100 metre gravel driveway.
Have established a 3 acre block which has lots of loose big granite over the past 4 years; I bought a used Toyota KHuski skid steer to do the heavy work which was marvellous, strong hydraulics, reliable, easy to service but made a big mess for the finer work. That sold quickly so given the work is now mowing and lots of lighter loader work (we have 1.5 acres of garden, the 1023 is the replacement.
My nearest JD dealer is 80ks away.
I used a lot of JD big stuff on farms in my past and got on well with it.
So far I have found the 1023 OK but fiddly and even harder than the Huski to work on in terms of access.
This site and its associated forum is INVALUABLE as it has helped detective unexpected problems with brakes, handbrake and mid deck pto clock collar.
More strength to you.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Rick
Welcome John here from Victoria ( also in OZ )what brand of FEL do you have, I have a 1025R with Burder FEL with a 4 in 1.:good2:
Regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts