Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Picked up a JD 2520 Compact (circa 2011) this Monday. I must say, lots of knowledge on these forums!

I was missing a pin for the three point (my mower height works off the three point), used a longer pin, got it stuck between the PTO guard and the arm, tried to use the hydraulics, and failed miserably.
:banghead:

The dealer is six hours away from me (and I have no practical way to float it there, other than a shipper), so while he did offer me the casing cover at cost price, getting it fixed around my neck of the woods would bring it around the $1500 mark (including the part).

Ended up hiring out a welder, he added a small piece of steel to reinforce the weld. Feels good as new! All I've got left to do is paint it with the tremclad.

While I'm still very excited about my 2520, if I had known I can't have the mower and backhoe attached at the same time, I wouldn't have gotten the 2520 (dealer only figured that out after he sold me the mower off another used machine). Oh well, just means I'll need a bigger one eventually. :gizmo::gizmo::gizmo:

Actually, the 2520 is pretty much triple the capacity I need for my smallish yard... But... boys and their toys. :kidw_truck_smiley::kidw_truck_smiley::laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

Glad to see you got it repaired, and I'm guessing for a lot less than the cost of the new part.:good2:

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts