Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My names Josh from Perth, Western Australia, I have just ordered a 2013 3038e with a FEL including a 4 in 1 bucket, hood guard, cruise control, canopy (to keep the aussie sun from burning me to a crisp) and a 4'6" Rotary slasher for my paddocks. It should arrive from the east coast in a few weeks. I am so excited :good2:

I will be mainly using it to tend to our horse paddocks, cut firebreaks, do some minor landscape around our block, move dead trees, road maintenance and clean up, and loader work. I look forward to learning lots of tips and tricks from browsing the site.

Cheers

Josh

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,825 Posts
Welcome to GTT.
Is Perth, Western Australia, in Texas?:lol:

Reactions: andy b.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York, USA. Congrats on the new purchase and we welcome pics. It'll be a tough wait, but be patient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I find it really interesting reading about all the different projects you guys in the US have as the climate and land is so totally different to what we deal with here, things like snow and ice clearing and the pure selection of cheap implements you guys can get is amazing, everything is so expensive here. I get across to the US every now and then for work so now I can look for JD stuff that I can fit in my luggage :laugh:

Will post up pics once it arrives

Cheers

Josh

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
Glad to have you here!! :drinks:

Love to see some pics of your land and tractor!

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome....from about 80 miles west of Chicago in corn country. Some of the best crop ground in the country, so there is a lot of agriculture, and, a lot of used equipment. The nice thing about Category 1 3 point, a wide variety of older 3 point equipment will fit our tractors. You're right we are fortunate in that regard.
You will find a great community here, and we are just as interested to hear about your experiences also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's appreciated... I'll see if I can dig some photos up of the general lay of the land, the Perth Hills are really lovely but very dry this time of year (and most of the year actually).

This will be the view from our back porch once we build our house in a few years
71416_10151246421831244_1551630477_n.jpg

This is looking back up the hill from the bottom of one of the 5ac paddocks.... don't mind the horse... he is in practically every photo we have of our little patch of land... we are obsessed, if its not one of the horses in the photo its the dogs or cats. lol Hopefully soon it will be a tractor also showing the improvements we have made. hehe
536965_10151208678571244_50286228_n.jpg

You can see the wide firebreaks that we are required to have around the perimeter of our property from 30th Nov to 30th March to minimise the risk of a bush fire spreading or getting out of control, it will be nice not having to rely on someone else to do them at the end of this winter and a great excuse to get some more implements and regular seat time....

293520_10151265365708145_1116175675_n.jpg

Cheers

Josh

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
Really pretty land there. :good2:

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts

Great to have you aboard Josh.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Welcome from Texas (just west...... and east of Australia:laugh:) Josh

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome aboard Josh!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Welcome, Josh!

Is there a lot of Deere equipment in Australia?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts