Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Just want to say Hello from the Rockies of Colorado. I am a retired Engineer and I live at the foot of Pikes Peak at 6808 ft. I have about 8 acres of tough mountain grass to mow and keep groomed so the weeds and bugs don’t take over. I need to keep drives graded and 6 ft snow drifts under control. So I upgraded my smaller John Deere S2554 with snow blade to a new 1023e with loader and 54”D mower deck. I would have liked to go with a 60”D but I have a few places around the homestead where the smaller deck works better. So I now have a tractor that can do most any thing I need here on the Old Homestead.:greentractorride:
Work safe.
CH

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
CH,
:wgtt:

When do we get to see your new :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome from south central Ohio. I, too, am a retired engineer who called Colorado home twice for brief periods. I had a view of Pike's Peak from my last Colorado home; I now live in Pike County, Ohio, another spot named for old Zeb.

What sort of engineering did you do? Mine was oil and natural gas, domestic and international.

Welcome to GTT,

Brian

Hi All,
Just want to say Hello from the Rockies of Colorado. I am a retired Engineer and I live at the foot of Pikes Peak at 6808 ft. I have about 8 acres of tough mountain grass to mow and keep groomed so the weeds and bugs don’t take over. I need to keep drives graded and 6 ft snow drifts under control. So I upgraded my smaller John Deere S2554 with snow blade to a new 1023e with loader and 54”D mower deck. I would have liked to go with a 60”D but I have a few places around the homestead where the smaller deck works better. So I now have a tractor that can do most any thing I need here on the Old Homestead.:greentractorride:
Work safe.
CH

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten. Need pics of new tractor. Will be looking at pikes peak myself in September. Be out there at my daughter and Son in law’s visiting.

·
Registered
12,300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here it is

CH,

When do we get to see your new :greentractorride:
Ok here is a pix of my 1mo. old 1023e the loader is out at the barn. It is just the H120 that comes with the tractor. Today is the first time in over a week I been able cut. I have a really bad summer cold. Nice to be back out doing things:good2::usa
CH

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts