Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up this 2006 X540 with just over 1000 hours. Also, I am an original owner of a 2008 LA145 with 265 trouble-free hours. Although, I replaced the drive and mower belts, steering sector and pinion gear and steering shaft bushings just recently. Looking forward to using the X540 this fall to mulch the leaves on our 3/4 acre property. Hopefully it will do as good a job on our property and neighbors 1 acre yard as did my LA145 these past few years. Thinking the LA145 T40 transmission is nearing its useful lifespan, but no signs of weakness or imminent failure yet. Found this X540 through happenstance and bought it thinking the LA145 get last many more years.
Anyways, love my John Deere...its been good to me, hope the X540 will be even more robust.
Been following the forum awhile, decided may as well join now that I own 2 JD's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just picked up this 2006 X540 with just over 1000 hours. Also, I am an original owner of a 2008 LA145 with 265 trouble-free hours. Although, I replaced the drive and mower belts, steering sector and pinion gear and steering shaft bushings just recently. Looking forward to using the X540 this fall to mulch the leaves on our 3/4 acre property. Hopefully it will do as good a job on our property and neighbors 1 acre yard as did my LA145 these past few years. Thinking the LA145 T40 transmission is nearing its useful lifespan, but no signs of weakness or imminent failure yet. Found this X540 through happenstance and bought it thinking the LA145 get last many more years.
Anyways, love my John Deere...its been good to me, hope the X540 will be even more robust.
Been following the forum awhile, decided may as well join now that I own 2 JD's
Welcome! Glad to have you. Your picture shows a x720. Did you buy both of them??? You are going to fit in great!!!

Reactions: Herminator

·
Administrator
20,844 Posts
JRF,
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
13,612 Posts
Thanks for the pics. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,573 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Welcome, glad you signed up.:good2:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome fom another Ontarian. Nice fleet you've got there. Pretty soon there won't be room for the family car in the garage.

Reactions: JRF

·
Registered
558 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts