Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - just stumbled accross this site and figured I would register. New to tractors last year so I probably won't have much in the way of help but have found forums to be a wonderful source of information over this last year.

A quick bit about me:
I live in Chester County (SouthEastern PA) on six acres. My wife and I bought our place about 2 years ago and after seeing what my neighbor and his NH TC33 could do, decided to buy a tractor. I honestly set out to buy a Kubota (gasp) as my parents have owned and still do a little simply bulletproof B5200 with FEL which they purchased in the early 1980's. Long story short after debating new vs used, reading countless threads and driving all over the state to try different options, I found a 190hour 3320 on Craigslists and took the plunge. The tractor was very clean and well cared for, has the CX loader and came with a box blade and rake.

The smile has not left my face sense the tractor showed up in my driveway. I promptly found a RIMGUARD dealer and started to add a few options/attachments including a grapple which has rarely left the loader arms until the snow began to fall.

Since early August I have been using the tractor to clear lots of brush, rocks as we have some plans for the property and general other around the house work. Lately it has been all snow removal! I have put about 40 hours on the tractor, gotten a better sense for its limits and yes scared myself a few times in the process (Large rocks in the grapple way far forward need special handling I have found, even will lots of ballast!)

I have also found that you can never have enough hydraulic outlets so that will be a focus for me over the next few months as I want to take advantage of the power beyond loop installed on the tractor.

I am not in any way mechanically inclinded though much to my wifes chagrine I continue to try at times. I have found these forums invaluable throughout this process and thank all those who spend the time to answer what at times must seem like rediculous questions.

- Dana

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
Welcome to DT Dana:drinks:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hey Dana, Welcome!

Sounds like your on a fast learning curve already. Post when you do a task, and other might be able to chime in and give advice or learn from what happened to you.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Another big WELCOME here also. :drinks: We are looking forward to lots of pictures and questions. And no such thing as a rediculous question. We all had to learn at one time or another.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some pics -sorry they are not in a great order...nothing exciting but here they are...

Dana

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for sharing. Looks like you have that tractor pretty well tricked out with hydraulics. Very nice.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup love the grapple! Can't seem to get enough hydraulics either. To be honest I ordered the 3rd SVC to add the hydraulic toplink, took the tractor half apart and decided that it was a better job for the dealer...so I figured that while they had it they might as well add the power beyond (to save in labor and all...at least that is what I told myself:lol: - and well I was getting the grapple and read all about this W.R Long diverter...and well I did buy used and saved myself a good bit so why not invest a little of that in the tractor...) Slippery slope as I am sure you all know! The diverter is a great match for the grapple - I have no regrets and has come in handy for the offset on the blade.

I still haven't got the hydraulic toplink the way I want it but the connections have stopped leaking for the moment so I don't want to "fix what is not broken" until the spring. The lines are all convoluted and it took me months to get the them to stop leaking...(I should have looked online before I set it up and I would have done things differently as KennyD and others set theirs up in a better configuration). Regardless the toplink makes changing implements a lot easier and works great for snow removal as I both push and pull snow with the blade and I can easily adjust its aggressiveness.

I have since added two lights that I attached to the ROPS that I can direct forward or rearward (I have one facing each way at the moment). Picked up a couple of generic lights at Tractor Supply and wired them to an extra outlet on the rear of the tractor. These have been invaluable for early morning snow removal and are much brighter than I expected. I learned quickly that the front lights are near useless other than to iluminate the back of the bucket...

Thank You for the welcome! - Dana

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Welcome Dana, and thanks for the pictures. Congratulations on getting a legitimate Craig's List tractor as there seems to be many scams out there.

You mentioned you're not overly mechanically inclined, and had hydraulic leaks you were chasing down. If you aren't aware of it, please use a cardboard strip to hunt down those leaks at the fittings. You don't want a hydraulic fluid injection injury as that will quickly take the joy out of owning and operating your new toy. As I understand it, this photo was taken after the surgeon opened up the man's hand and arm to remove the injected hydraulic fluid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Injection injuries are absolutely horrible, you really can't get much worse short of a traumatic amputation. Although that guys hand is still there, his outcome is most likely going to be brutal.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! with hydraulics, paint guns, sandblasters, etc, etc...

-Jer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.