Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking how it would be nice to have a bigger bucket for my FEL (H180 on a 4066R). The HD bucket is great for digging, but, most of the time I am filling the bucket with manure or some other debris. It seems to fill fast.

Anyone have a high volume bucket? If so, what do you think about it? My dealer has quoted me a price of $750 for a 72" high volume bucket. I have the JD quick attach so no chance of buying a skid steer bucket.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
I was thinking how it would be nice to have a bigger bucket for my FEL (H180 on a 4066R). The HD bucket is great for digging, but, most of the time I am filling the bucket with manure or some other debris. It seems to fill fast.

Anyone have a high volume bucket? If so, what do you think about it? My dealer has quoted me a price of $750 for a 72" high volume bucket. I have the JD quick attach so no chance of buying a skid steer bucket.
Since you have the H180 perhaps a skid steer adapter plate and skid steer high volume bucket would be suitable. After all, you all looking for volume and not weight so you could probably handle the extra weight of the adapter. I would think the 4066R/H180 would make the combo more suitable, unlike the smaller tractors/loaders that can't handle the weight penalty.

Also, don't dismiss adding the JD quick attach hooks and lock pins to another bucket. You can get a PAIR of JD quick attach mounting plates from Artillian for $149. Just weld 'em on and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,847 Posts
I just looked on Titan Attachments site, it seems the price from your dealer isn't really that bad. You can buy the bucket for a couple of hundred cheaper at Titan buy by the time you either buy the JD to skid steer adapter or buy the the JD hook and pin plate you are right there with the dealers price or higher. Plus the bucket from the dealer is ready to go any time, if you were to use the adapter you would have to put that on just for that one bucket.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the high volume buckets are for the 500 and global carriers. Maybe i'm out of the loop, but as far as i know deere doesn't make one for the JDQA system.:dunno:

Reactions: Robnik and Marlin

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update

After thinking about it overnight, I decided to go ahead and buy it from the JD Dealer for $750. I probably won't get a chance to buy it this low again.

I have four horses - with the new high volume bucket I should be able to clean all 4 stalls in one pass. With the HD bucket I have to make two trips.

Now, how to break the news to my wife :unknown: ? My early Christmas present?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
After thinking about it overnight, I decided to go ahead and buy it from the JD Dealer for $750. I probably won't get a chance again to buy it this low.

I have four horses - with the new high volume bucket I should be able to clean all 4 stalls in one pass. With the HD bucket I have to make two trips.

Now, how to break the news to my wife :unknown: . My early Christmas present?
Maybe she won't notice.... :spy:

I guess I stand corrected on my earlier post. sorry about the misinformation.

·
Premium Member
13,847 Posts
After thinking about it overnight, I decided to go ahead and buy it from the JD Dealer for $750. I probably won't get a chance to buy it this low again.

Now, how to break the news to my wife :unknown: ? My early Christmas present?
Glad to hear of your decision, I think it's a wise one. :good2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts