Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you probably have seen this clip already but I just saw it for the first time. Incredible! :fire:

[video]http://prairiefarmreport.com/explosive-highway-accident-secure-your-loads/[/video]

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow, that is quite the video, I would not want to be anywhere near that....

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wow. Two things I noticed.
First, what I would believe to be the driver running across traffic and assume fleeing the scene.
Two, the balls on the camera man must be huge to be able to stand there and film.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Can you believe some of the other vehicles just sitting there, and not trying to get away from the inferno, with the bottles being propelled? I think I would be trying to execute a U-turn in the highway, and get moving to the first ramp that I could, and get off and clear the area! I might be crazy, but I ain't that dumb!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I was going to go by some fertilizer today. This video changed my mind. I think I will have my wife pick it up. :shhh:

On the serious side, the person filming it didn't even really flinch with the camera as the tanks were exploding. They must have had some kind of experience or training with explosions in the past.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That's scary stuff.

Take a look at the videos I posted over on Workshop Addict. There were cars on the highway that ended up with all kinds of damage from flying cylinders. It's not shown.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the BIL frying a Turkey a couple years back.

Snow, Propane bottles, boiling oil, Booze, and fire...and a bunch of people that can't look away long enough to run away.

What a mess.
The only thing you can do is stand back until a pumper truck shows up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts