Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on approach angles when dealing with hilly terrain? It is apparent to challenge the topo perpendicularly VS parallel, but how much is too much and how does one gauge? I operate my zero turn mower on the hills without any issues but it has a very low center of gravity as compared to the 1026R (FEL and backhoe).

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could tell you about mowing with no front end loader, no backhoe and a lot larger tires. Speed, size of tires and the relative size of depressions and humps to the tires come into play. The safest thing to do would be to back up the hill, straight up. If you are four wheel or mfwd chances are the manual has warnings about how that makes more traction but not more stability and hence can get you into more trouble. Is the object to work on the hill or just cover terrain to get to another spot?

Fran
I need to cover the hilly terrain to get to my area of work. I think I'll look at backing up the hill and driving forward down the hill while in 4WD. I will receive the tractor on the 22nd of this month and thought I would put this out and get some feedback. This will be my first tractor and first backhoe and I am curious as to the effect on stability with the backhoe. Removing the backhoe isn't an option, that is what I need to transport to the low areas to get some work done.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 7 Posts