Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a camo JD hat that I were almost daily, some of you have seen it in some of my pics, but for some reason I never really paid attention to the logo. I just like the hat, it's simply one of the most comfortable hats I own, but I noticed it had an older logo. So then with a google search I determined that it does indeed have the 1956 logo on it.

Evolution of the John Deere Logo | Agweb.com

Just a neat find, or in my case, a neat realization. I love history, even it's just a simply logo.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Having the older logo it was probably worth big bucks......Not used though.:lol:

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having the older logo it was probably worth big bucks......Not used though.:lol:
I don't care, well, maybe depending on how much. :lol: I just like the hat.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
That camo pattern looks like Realtree. If so, it was created a bit later than 1956 :privateeye:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Great read. I’ve probably already forgot what all i read :banghead:

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That camo pattern looks like Realtree. If so, it was created a bit later than 1956 :privateeye:
Never said the hat was a 1956 :banghead: :lol:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Never said the hat was a 1956 :banghead: :lol:
Looks older than that with the frayed brim. Or, do you tip your hat when you meet a lady?:laugh:

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks older than that with the frayed brim. Or, do you tip your hat when you meet a lady?:laugh:
Of course I do. :thumbup1gif:

Truth is it came that way, I normally will not buy a hat like that, I have no problem breaking in hats myself because I wear one most of my awake hours. And sometimes during my asleep hours too.:laugh:

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You are indeed a gentleman. I was taught that a gentleman never wears his hat to the dinner table, and that he shouldn't wear it in the house. Hardly anybody subscribes to that philosophy any more.
I wear mine in the house, never at the dinner table, and depending what type of building it is I do indeed take off my hat when going inside. I haven't lost all of my USMC discipline.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
You are indeed a gentleman. I was taught that a gentleman never wears his hat to the dinner table, and that he shouldn't wear it in the house. Hardly anybody subscribes to that philosophy any more.
:hide: :hide: for my boys.

:hide: for me because they are bringing me down.

*unless all you mean is dinner table. Is there a breakfast, lunch or fast food caveat?

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
:hide: :hide: for my boys.

:hide: for me because they are bringing me down.

*unless all you mean is dinner table. Is there a breakfast, lunch or fast food caveat?
We ate breakfast before we ever put our hats on, and lunch was usually in the field any way, so no matter. However, now that gentlemen farmers and faux cowboys have lots of income and spare time, I see it almost every time we eat out, not only in the restaurants but at the Lodge. I usually just ignore it, but it does irk me when they don't remove their ten gallons during the prayer and the flag salute.

To answer your question, "yes", there is a breakfast, lunch and fast food caveat, unless you dine in your car, truck or on your tractor. You may not get all of the cow chit off your boots, but your hat went on the peg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts