Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have some who collect them...or at least like 'em

Went after a motorcycle and found these.

A Heavy Six Sandwich
A 3 hp Fairbanks Morris ZC
A Fairbanks Oil Field engine
As well as a 1940s feed mill

And I bought the bike as well....a 2002 Bonneville with 900 miles

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
Are they all runners? If so, when can we expect to see the videos? :dunno: :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
You lucky Dog !!

I always liked Hit & Miss and searched for years for something reasonable. Always too expensive for me, then my interests changed. But I go out of my way to look and watch them run.

Good luck with them. Get them running and have fun.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they all runners? If so, when can we expect to see the videos? :dunno: :thumbup1gif:

None of them are stuck so should all run. The previous owner, 86 year old Alzheimer's patient, used them up till just a few years ago. The 6hp ran a 20" grist mill, the 4hp Fairbanks oil engine ran a small feed mill and the 3hp ran a generator for late night work.

It probably wont be hard to get them running

·
Administrator
20,285 Posts
You struck some nice gold there man. :thumbup1gif:

I’d like to have one one day myself. Just one.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
That will be fun!:good2:

Here's Dirty's 1927 McCormick running.

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
The mechanic that used to work on our VW Bugs had one in his shop; he had it running one day I was there. What amazed me was the carburetor. It was a very simple device; side draft intake, and the interior was open. The aspiration consisted of a little thumb screw valve that when open, allowed a drip of gas onto a flat anvil at the bottom of the intake, and that was it.

I can remember when we lived in Osage County back in the 40's; I would lay in bed at night and hear those old engines with their hit-and-miss rhythm pumping away in the nearby oilfields.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts