Welcome to GTT,

Excellent device, glad to see the safety chain too :good2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GTT,

Excellent device, glad to see the safety chain too :good2:
Thanks! I haven’t purchased a welder yet so this design seemed to be the easiest. I tried to keep the pin weight as close to the loader pins as possible. I have a set of your bolt on hooks for my bucket and they have been great by the way. I use them for everything! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I put a 2 inch hitch receiver on the top of my bucket and use that to move my gooseneck trailer. Tongue weight is 1400#. I need ballast on the rear of my 4066R to keep from spinning the rear tires.

Dave

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a 2 inch hitch receiver on the top of my bucket and use that to move my gooseneck trailer. Tongue weight is 1400#. I need ballast on the rear of my 4066R to keep from spinning the rear tires.

Dave
I almost went that route but I was worried about possibly bending the bucket with all of that weight on the center sheet metal. I guess that the bucket is stronger than I thought!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I almost went that route but I was worried about possibly bending the bucket with all of that weight on the center sheet metal. I guess that the bucket is stronger than I thought!
My bucket is an extra heavy duty skid steer bucket so it takes a lot to bend it.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I had some 1/2” steel laying around so I decided to make a gooseneck hitch that clamps around my pallet forks. Works great and it’s really easy to put the trailer wherever I want. Pin weight is around 650lbs empty and total trailer weight is under 4000lbs. The 3025e has no problem with it.
Very cool fabrication.

Reactions: JD4044M
1 - 8 of 8 Posts