Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just now getting around to posting pics, but the wife got a Hitch n Can for me for Christmas.
It feels nice and heavy, and looks very well made.
As I don’t have a 2” receiver on the tractor yet, I plan to use the Hitch n can with my truck.
It’s a giant PITA loading full trash cans in the back of the truck, and if I’m not home to take the trash out, the wife physically can’t do it.
Enter this thing of beauty!

I’ve only done some basic searching, but haven’t found many posts on this attachment.

While I’m excited to use it, I’m a little concerned with the clearance from bottom of can to the ground. It’s only a couple inches. We do have a couple decent grade changes through the driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
LMAO I love this!. If it was a double setup I'd order one for my truck

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Just now getting around to posting pics, but the wife got a Hitch n Can for me for Christmas.
It feels nice and heavy, and looks very well made.
As I don’t have a 2” receiver on the tractor yet, I plan to use the Hitch n can with my truck.
It’s a giant PITA loading full trash cans in the back of the truck, and if I’m not home to take the trash out, the wife physically can’t do it.
Enter this thing of beauty!

I’ve only done some basic searching, but haven’t found many posts on this attachment.

While I’m excited to use it, I’m a little concerned with the clearance from bottom of can to the ground. It’s only a couple inches. We do have a couple decent grade changes through the driveway.

Well I guess it Time for a heavy hitch:bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,232 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Garbage Commander

If you plan to use mostly the truck, check out the Garbage Commander. Just google that term and it will pop up. I have about a quarter mile of drive and they have a couple of products that work great. I got the two can model that will slip over any ball hitch and works great. Very inexpensive and easy to pop on and off on garbage night. The only problem is it doesn’t require the tractor!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
How long/steep are you guys' driveways that you can't walk it to the end?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
How long/steep are you guys' driveways that you can't walk it to the end?
What does that have to do with anything :dunno: :lolol:

Mine is like 80-100’. I’m building a hitch n can just so I have a reason to pull out LGM. :lol:

And you can’t tell me you’ve never moved something or done something with the tractor, loader, forks that could have easily been done by hand :greentractorride: :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
The only problem is it doesn’t require the tractor!
I’m a little concerned with the clearance from bottom of can to the ground. It’s only a couple inches. We do have a couple decent grade changes through the driveway.

the r2 guys make a trash tamer which hooks up to your bucket then you wont have to worry about ground clearance and it requires the use of the tractor :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
300 yards for me. It’s not so much fun in the rain. I really should order one of these before the snow starts.
600' about

i was getting ready to make a small cart that was modeled after old school roman chariots. draw bar up front, then an axle with small 6" solid core tires, plywood for the base, In front would be a short 2' bar to bungee cord to. It would be transport only then unload and leave the cans.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
600' about

i was getting ready to make a small cart that was modeled after old school roman chariots. draw bar up front, then an axle with small 6" solid core tires, plywood for the base, In front would be a short 2' bar to bungee cord to. It would be transport only then unload and leave the cans.
That would be awesome please start a new thread if you do.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the r2 guys make a trash tamer which hooks up to your bucket then you wont have to worry about ground clearance and it requires the use of the tractor :bigthumb:
Another member also PM'd me and let me know about this one, although I do like the idea of it, I don't like the idea of having to buy tamers in order to use it.
We'll see though, I may change my mind. I took the trash down yesterday and bottomed out a couple times on the drive down. Not a huge deal right now, but over years of doing that I can definitely see the bottom of the trash can getting tore up.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
As per above - Trash Tamer almost makes garbage day fun.
Mounting on FEL allows trash bin to be placed almost anywhere.
I can also see a custom bin / trash can with lightweight items transported to burn pile or into the back of a truck.

If you have a stone drive or wet / soft areas in your yard, Edge Tamers allow use of your bucket again. One of the best
items purchased for 2038.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
What does that have to do with anything :dunno: :lolol:

Mine is like 80-100’. I’m building a hitch n can just so I have a reason to pull out LGM. :lol:

And you can’t tell me you’ve never moved something or done something with the tractor, loader, forks that could have easily been done by hand :greentractorride: :greentractorride:
It would take me longer to get the keys, start the tractor, put the *insert garbage can hauling tool here* on the tractor and put the can on, then drive to the end and leave it, then to just walk it the ~75 feet slightly up hill.

And yes, I use the tractor often for things that I could also do by hand, but generally there is a time and effort savings involved as well...

It's about 1500' of gravel drive with about 60' of grade change.
That's a good reason!

I laughed at the neighbor the other day, spent better than 5 minutes trying to get the EMPTY garbage can rigged to pull/haul in the back of his SUV from the end of his drive 50' back to the house on a flat paved driveway... :laugh:
Still ended up tipping it and had to walk back a bit and recover it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts