Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I laughed at the neighbor the other day, spent better than 5 minutes trying to get the EMPTY garbage can rigged to pull/haul in the back of his SUV from the end of his drive 50' back to the house on a flat paved driveway... :laugh:
Still ended up tipping it and had to walk back a bit and recover it.
THAT's pretty funny! ^^^^

When I was driving my Jeep most of the time, I could easily stick a hand out the window and drag the can down alongside to retrieve the can. The benefits of a vehicle that has no curves on the side! With my F-250 I can't do that any more.

My driveway is 342' long and mostly flat. I have used the tractor a time or two when the can was super loaded, but not on a regular basis. I just had the driveway paved over the summer, so now garbage night is no big deal! Sure is easy rolling those cans on blacktop! :laugh:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
THAT's pretty funny! ^^^^

When I was driving my Jeep most of the time, I could easily stick a hand out the window and drag the can down alongside to retrieve the can. The benefits of a vehicle that has no curves on the side! With my F-250 I can't do that any more.

My driveway is 342' long and mostly flat. I have used the tractor a time or two when the can was super loaded, but not on a regular basis. I just had the driveway paved over the summer, so now garbage night is no big deal! Sure is easy rolling those cans on blacktop! :laugh:
Rub it in why don't ya! :banghead:

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Rub it in why don't ya! :banghead:
That's what we do here, right? :lol:

Of course, if we extrapolate what it cost (and I got a pretty good deal) to pave my 342' driveway to what it would cost to pave your 1500' driveway.... You could buy a dedicated 2032R to do nothing but haul your trash cans up and down the driveway! :laugh:

In all seriousness, if I had a 1500' driveway, I'd be using something besides "man-power" to haul my trashcans to the road!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts