Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note that BXpanded sells a version of this, so I'm not inventing anything here.

I wanted to add a 2" receiver tube to the end of my backhoe so I can move a small trailer without needing to detach the BH from the tractor. I started with a scrap of 3x4x1/4 angle, a receiver tube, a scrap 1" axle shaft from my LX255, and some 1" shaft collars.

I cut 2 pieces of angle and welded them into a 6" by 4" U, welded the receiver tube to the bottom and the shaft collars to one side.

After painting.

The axle was cut to make an attachment pin and the whole assembly mounts to the end of the backhoe, or in my case, to the BXpanded quick change adapter.

The quick change adapter makes it easy to swap from a bucket to the receiver. It was a fun project.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
NIce work!

Better welding than I could do....Now I need to get started on mine. Thanks :bigthumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better welding than I could do....Now I need to get started on mine. Thanks :bigthumb:
Have you heard the expression "A grinder and paint makes me look like the welder I ain't?" I used a Lincoln AC 225 stick welder and 6011 rod. I'd call my technique "farmer welding", but I wouldn't want to disrespect any farmers. :laugh:

Good luck on your project!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts