Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me guys. Tell me if this would work on our 1025r? Watch the video, see what you think. I am for always needing to hook up my trailer for a quick job and need to take the BH off! https://youtu.be/s5lZexjP2Ps

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Meh.
Personally the KBOH hitch that mounts on bucket makes more sense to me.
You pull up with ball in plain sight and no need to get off and mess with jack. Just pick up bucket a little.

You can even carry your trash cans with the Heavy Hitch can carrier...:big thumb:

image-vi.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Meh.
You pull up with ball in plain sight and no need to get off and mess with jack. Just pick up bucket a little.

You can even carry your trash cans with the Heavy Hitch can carrier...:big thumb:

View attachment 275129
Pure genius right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,287 Posts
Meh.
You pull up with ball in plain sight and no need to get off and mess with jack.
I love the KBOH receiver hitch for the bucket but pulling up with the ball in plain sight is nearly impossible. The only way you can see the ball is if its on a straight tongue and then it's too high off the ground to attach or tow the trailer properly. I use a 6-inch drop-down tongue which puts it at the right height but then the ball is hidden below the bucket edge.

This is no fault of the design of the hitch. It is just the nature of having a hitch on the bucket.

If you know of a method that allows the ball to be visible and fit under a standard trailer tongue please share. :)

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
You could always add (or have added) a receiver to your fork frame, that offers better visibility than the bucket does and it's stronger to handle bigger trailers.

·
Premium Member
12,287 Posts
You could always add (or have added) a receiver to your fork frame, that offers better visibility than the bucket does and it's stronger to handle bigger trailers.
True... but that would require swapping the bucket to the forks AND removing the tines from the fork frame (and reversing the procedure when finished). Not a super big deal but time consuming and not nearly as convenient as the KBOGH bucket receiver hitch!!

I love the simplicity and convenience of the bucket mounted hitch.

·
Registered
607 Posts
This is an option if you have forks that is quick and easy: https://www.amazon.com/Forklift-Receiver-Pallet-Trailer-Adapter/dp/B01592943M/ref=pd_sbs_263_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01592943M&pd_rd_r=ABXGCQ9Q1WNZ6VWGXS33&pd_rd_w=123JH&pd_rd_wg=Ht7Di&psc=1&refRID=ABXGCQ9Q1WNZ6VWGXS33

710oG3rojeL._SL1500_.jpg

Be forewarned, with a little tractor it puts the weight WAY out there on the end of your forks. I could not move my car trailer with my 3pt blower at the front of the trailer with my 2305 and 48" forks. I had no ballast on the tractor and the forks were for a bigger tractor, so it was was case scenario, but It's worth mentioning if you're going to try to move a heavy trailer that thing might not be the ticket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts