Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of HLA pallet forks from my local JD dealer. What a great improvement over the Titian clamp on bucket forks. I move alot of brush and needed a back stop, so I looked around for what material I had laying around. It was either it was either 1.5 tubing or old bed frames. I didn't feel like notching the tubing so I went with the bed frames. I don't need anything heavy duty as I'm only using it for brush. I wouldn't use it for supporting or protection from anything very heavy, but it will keep branches from falling back on the hood. The other thing I like about it is I can look at the back stop and tell if the forks are level. It's attached with four bolts so I can remove it in just a couple minute. Need to spray some green and it will be all done.

I also got my Ken's bolt on hooks welded up while I had the welder out. He had the individual unwelded peices on clearance a while back. It was less than half the price as the welded up hooks and plates.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Frame look great now it needs some expanded metal webbing to keep sticks from gonig thru it. I like the "use what you have" attitude. Good Luck:bigthumb::bigthumb:

Reactions: Robnik and BigJim55

·
Registered
929 Posts
That's pretty awesome, that front-view pic looks badass.
Wrap some barbed wire around that thing and you would fit right in the Mad Max movies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts