Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has priced me a set of HLA pallet forks to fit my 1025r at $500.00. Is that a good price ? Or am i better off with another brand ? I have been looking around and the titan pallet forks seem to be a little cheaper. Which brand do you recommend?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
Which HLA pallet forks? I think they make 3 or 4 different ones.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are 36 inch HLA pallet forks. Salesman said they were made to fit the 1025r. I have been looking at the artillian and they look to be the best ones made but they are out of my price range.

I used the search function before posting this question and could not find much, but after posting this question I have found quite a few topics on this subject. That is the way my luck goes.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My local dealer has priced me a set of HLA pallet forks to fit my 1025r at $500.00. Is that a good price ? Or am i better off with another brand ? I have been looking around and the titan pallet forks seem to be a little cheaper. Which brand do you recommend?
That’s a a very good price on a quality attachment for your 1 series. HLA has an excellent reputation for quality products, not limited to their forks of which there are a few reviews here already-all positive if I remember correctly.

If you were considering Artillian I think the HLA or Frontiers linked above would be a very close second for quality, durability, etc. :bigbeer:

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
They are 36 inch HLA pallet forks. Salesman said they were made to fit the 1025r. I have been looking at the artillian and they look to be the best ones made but they are out of my price range.

I used the search function before posting this question and could not find much, but after posting this question I have found quite a few topics on this subject. That is the way my luck goes.
I have seen them at out local dealer, they (HLA) often has the dealers name cut in them as well. There are very nicely made and well matched to the 1-series.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

I used to have a 2210 and bought the artillian 42 inch forks, now they are on my 3025E. I am sure just about any brand will do the job but I would consider getting 42 inch forks and try and find the lightest ones you can so you do not lose a lot of lifting capacity with your 1 series. I like the 42's because it gives me that much more reach to get pallets out of my truck bed. I can't tell you how many times the extra length has come in handy. Not sure what your primary purpose of the forks is for but it is something to consider.

·
Registered
15 Posts
IIRC, those are $100 more than the US made Titan setup I just purchased.

I would go with the absolute cheapest. There isn't anything you can lift with a 1 series that will exceed the ratings of even the Chineeseiest set around. Yes, I just made that word up.

Al
HTML:
I been looking at a lot of them, most of the titans are around 270 lbs, the ap10f 42" tines are 198 lbs, from what I can find the HLA 36" tines are around 205 lbs which isn't to bad. I like the made up word :good2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
HTML:
I been looking at a lot of them, most of the titans are around 270 lbs, the ap10f 42" tines are 198 lbs, from what I can find the HLA 36" tines are around 205 lbs which isn't to bad. I like the made up word :good2:
I bought the HLA with the 42” forks the other day at my dealer.
I was between them and the Frontier ap10 due to both being around 200lbs in weight.
Many other forks out there weigh a bit more and I was concerned about minimizing the loss from my overall lifting capacity.
My dealer didn’t have the Frontier in stock but he could sell me the HLA set much cheaper so I picked them up.

As for quality, they look to be very solid and well built with nice welds all around so I do not expect any issues.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I've got HLA forks (42"). Picked them up at the JD dealer for just under $500. You will love them, and will not give a second thought as to the weight or the price after you use them.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
I've got HLA forks (42"). Picked them up at the JD dealer for just under $500. You will love them, and will not give a second thought as to the weight or the price after you use them.
Well said. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,405 Posts
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, and do yourself a favor and get the 42", the only regret with mine is getting the 36", you will almost instantly wonder how you've survived so long without them.

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
I have the HLA brand Forks and have been very happy with them. In fact, they are my most frequently used implement. They are great for debris clean up, prying old bushes and stumps out of the ground and of course, picking up pallets.

If you haven't gotten your tractor and equipment delivered yet, having the pallet forks makes the entire process much easier....and safer if you are getting multiple accessories or implements. The delivery guy told me that he always takes pallet forks on the new tractor deliveries if the new owner isn't buying them and often, they end up buying the forks from the dealer because it makes handling heavy things so easy.

They are also really handy for placing all of the other implements very orderly and close together on pallets. I usually drop my Core Aerator or Box Blade out in the open area and then pick it up with the pallet forks and stack them neatly and closely on the pallets up against the back wall of the barn.

Here they are having popped that old stump out of the ground.....Pick it up and drop it on the burn pile.....

IMG_20180226_113355239.jpg

IMG_20180426_113322088_HDR.jpg

Or How about this clean up job.......

IMG_20171122_115536250.jpg IMG_20171122_115411373.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts