Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up on Friday. It sat in the trailer until I returned to our other home this morning. I unloaded it, removed the backhoe and placed it on the Bxpander backhoe dolly. Next, I removed the loader and then ran the tractor up on the lift platform in the shop----so I can take it apart. Just like my childhood Christmases---open the gift and then take it apart.

I left the cab, snowblower and quick hitch at the dealer. They'll store it for me until fall as I need to find a new home for one on the 455s to make some room. I need to stop by the dealer's location near our other home and pick up the mower deck later this week.

The dealer had a parts promo running last week, so I picked 10 more suitcase weights. They were 53.92 each. Heavy Hitch had them for 49.00, but I figured the shipping would likely more than consume the difference. I also ordered a front weight bracket from Heavy Hitch, as I have a 647 tiller. This is part of the reason why I opted for suitcase weights for ballast rather than a ballast box.

I'll install the independent mower deck lift, RIO bypass, and some additional wiring for the cab, tow behind sprayer, linear actuator chute deflector and so forth. I have the components for the exhaust tip coming, also. Once I get done with the tractor and put the FEL and backhoe on again, I have some Ken's Bolt-on Hooks to install, as well.

As soon as I find a home for a 455, I'll order the Artilian pallet forks and grapple kit.

Santa did leave me a clump of coal, however. It was wrapped in the financing agreement.....

DSCF1720.JPG

DSCF1721.JPG

DSCF1722.JPG

DSCF1728.JPG

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hmmmm... awfully odd looking 2025r :mocking:

Gratz on the new rig

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trailer has a 3000 pound axle and tires. So there was still some wiggle room. I was a bit tail heavy, so I had to keep my speed under 60mph. Next time I load it, I'm going to try backing it on. Hopefully, that will move some of the weight forward so the trailer doesn't sea-saw. Without the FEL and backhoe, the 1025R weighs in at 1444 pounds.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Gratz on the new rig
Oh crap! I don't see where I can fix it. Perhaps a Moderator can fix it for me?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Congrats on that nice looking rig !!!! :greentractorride::greentractorride:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Congrats ... looks like Christmas will be happening at your house all year. Good Luck with it.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor:bigthumb:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Congratulations!

Seems like possibly too heavy of a load for a single axle trailer though. ?

I agree. Watch the tongue weight with out load leveling bars. Trailer will dance all over the road. A twin axle would be much safer to equalize some load over both axles using load level bars.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The trailer has a 3000 pound axle and tires. So there was still some wiggle room. I was a bit tail heavy, so I had to keep my speed under 60mph. Next time I load it, I'm going to try backing it on. Hopefully, that will move some of the weight forward so the trailer doesn't sea-saw. Without the FEL and backhoe, the 1025R weighs in at 1444 pounds.

John Deere 1025R

Base Tractor Shipping Weight: 1444 lbs.
H120 Loader with 49" bucket: 541 lbs.
260 Backhoe w/12" bucket: 604 lbs.
Grill Guard: 20 lbs.
Fluids: 80 or so pounds if full of fluids

Total Weight: 2689 lbs.
Trailer Weight: ???
Trailer Limit: 3000 lbs.

Does the trailer weight less than 311 lbs?

You've invested a pretty penny in a wonderful tractor. You can't easily trailer the FEL and backhoe without the tractor, so you really should consider setting aside 10% of the cost and invest in a new trailer.
:good2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Congratulations nice looking tractor. I like the way you have it accessorized. Should be workhorse for you. Good luck:good2:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

Gratz on the new rig
That's the new Gizmo model so he can reach the pedals.:lol:

Very nice tractor,any upcoming projects to put it to work.
I got my weights for the same price in Dec.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't forget about the weight of the trailer (steel and wood). The backhoe is another 500+ and I think the FEL is about the same. You might be closer than you think.

I'm not one to heed my own warning though. I loaded about 3,000 lbs on my trailer with a 3,500 lb axle recently. The trailer held up on the 100 mile journey, but one of the tires gave out about 20 miles from the house. I wish I had gotten the dual axle trailer.

But when I load the 1025r TLB I do back it on so you're on the right track there.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Congrats on your early Christmas present. Or is it late? :mocking: Looks like you did it up right. Enjoy! :bigthumb:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,491 Posts
:congrats: on the new tractor. :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts