Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025R has been shutting down mysteriously and has gotten to the won't run stage. Quick stops from reverse shut it down, then very bumpy rides. Then just cruising to take the trash to the road.

Now I get a "Hold Coil Fault" on the dash and it won't start at all. What does this error message mean?

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
My WAG is the hold-in coil on the fuel shutoff solenoid.

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
It seems the output to the hold coil on the fuel solenoid is bad. This output is from the Instrument cluster. JD calls it the ICC. This would require some further troubleshooting to properly diagnose.

Here's the fault codes for the earlier 1 series. It appears the newer tractors have an updated fault code list, but this should be pretty close.

1 series fault codes.jpg

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...you guys are right. I went back down to the tractor after I posted and it wouldn't start at all. The error message came up as soon as I turned the key. I did notice a curiuos clicking sound under the hood as I tried to start.

Pulled the side panel and as any good Engineer would do....started wiggling wires. Found the fuel manifold and the solenoid out the back. The wiring harness from the soleniod doubles back onto a connector. The doubled back wires are rubbbing against the bolt at the ground strap. Wiggled and it would start. Wiggled and it died.

022.JPG

023.JPG

Not sure if it is the wires that are stressed in the connector or the wires are cut by the bolt at the engine.

Starting to get dark and a few beers and debugging don't mix.

021.JPG

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
Good deal! Looks like you've found the underlying issue. It's probably just grounding out a bit. I would make sure the wire(s) are repaired and protected from further damage. Then you can check for any other loose connections.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help.

In this day of hooking the laptop up to macnines, it's very satisfying to find a problem the old fashion way.

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
Thanks for the help.

In this day of hooking the laptop up to macnines, it's very satisfying to find a problem the old fashion way.
Wiggle and Jiggle :laugh:

·
Registered
233 Posts
My 1025R has been shutting down mysteriously and has gotten to the won't run stage. Quick stops from reverse shut it down, then very bumpy rides. Then just cruising to take the trash to the road.

Now I get a "Hold Coil Fault" on the dash and it won't start at all. What does this error message mean?
Need a new battery, I just had same problem and battery fixed my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts