Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
My new 4052M has the D170 FEL. Can someone tell me what the 2 pre-drilled holes on the top of the bucket are for, Thanks

Not many of us here with the D170 loader. Attach a pic so we can see what you have. Hopefully, the holes are located where you can bolt on some hooks from Kens Bolt On Hooks. I have the SSQA adapters with a skid steer bucket on my H180, so I had to weld on his hooks. Hooks should be standard on the bucket!!!!!!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,485 Posts
Not many of us here with the D170 loader. Attach a pic so we can see what you have. Hopefully, the holes are located where you can bolt on some hooks from Kens Bolt On Hooks. I have the SSQA adapters with a skid steer bucket on my H180, so I had to weld on his hooks. Hooks should be standard on the bucket!!!!!!!

Dave
I agree, but since Kenny is as good a guy as they come we'll let him reap the benefits. :laugh:

·
Administrator
23,184 Posts
Here is a recent email I sent a perspective customer, I'm going to have to make this an FAQ on the website soon:

Thanks for the inquiry xxxx,No our products do not line up with those holes, there are two basic reasons for this:

1) Very few buckets have those two holes, somehow a few dealers are ordering them and no one can seem to figure out what they are for, there is no info in JDParts (the free online parts database JD has), and no dealers seem to know either.

2) Due to the spacing and the fact that there is only two of them, they would not be very useful for the bolt on hooks, and if we made a center hook or receiver to use them, more holes would still be needed to ensure proper weight rating since they are so far apart. Also shipping would be an issue since we mostly use medium flat rate boxes to ship our products.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Administrator
23,184 Posts
My husband manufactured this tow ball to use with those two holes.
That metal look pretty thin, I hope it doesn't bend under load. Lots of torsional force with a hitch ball.

·
Administrator
23,184 Posts
FYI since this thread was started back in 2017, we have since introduced the XL Backing Plate for use with these holes:

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Reactions: 1954cuz

·
Registered
3046R, 320R loader, 375A BH, 72D MMM, 4406H BB, County Line Landscape Rake, Fimco 40gal 3pt sprayer
133 Posts
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
My 3025 D160 bucket also had holes. I did some searching on here and found that they are there, as when shipped from the factory, JD bolts the buckets to the loader arms for transport, on the side of the tractor. That's what they are used for. Otherwise, once delivered to customer, they are useless?

EDIT:
Found the link:
Holes in QA Bucket
That's exactly how some of them are shipped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.