Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched "Grumpy Old Men" last night. It is one of my favorites to watch and I hadn't seen it for quite some time. The "love to hate" and "hate to love" relationship between the two grown men, Max (Walter Mathau) and John (Jack Lemon), started back when they were kids in the Minnesota town of Wabasha. Then Ariel (Ann Margaret) rekindled the fire in both of them when she moved in across the street.

Just one of many funny things that Max Goldman (Walter Mathau) said throughout this classic movie was "Holy Moly" when he was excited or surprised.
Here are few more lines that were funny in the movie. Grumpy Old Men (1993) - Quotes - IMDb

I am going to watch "Grumpier Old Men" tonight, although I liked the original better.

There are several favorite old time movies and I like to watch them again once in a while. (Especially when it is cold out).:lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I thought the movie, Grumpy Old Men" was GREAT!!! Jack Lemmon was always awesome, and his pairing with Walter in that was perfect!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I too enjoy this movie. Good clean comedy as these two guys produced so well. It more entertaining as my dad had a travelall like Max drove and my mom had a car just like the one in the show. The scene where Max is pushing the fish house is just too funny. Love how they would hide a fish in the vehicles too to get back at each other. Thanks for bringing this up.
Dave B.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Heh. For the last couple of years when I've gotten into my "mid-winter funk" I load up a copy of Second Hand Lions. It's very similar to Grumpy Old Men in a lot of ways.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had a bunch of one line quotes at the end, didn't he?

Here's a good one......Max Goldman: Do me a favor. Put your lip over your head... and swallow. :laugh:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Having grown up in Minnesota, I can assure you that "Grumpy Old Men" is a magnificent documentary about ice fishing. :)

Still one of the all time great movie lines (and the little clap at the end finishes it off nicely):

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
I also always liked the Burgess Meredith line where he says something to the effect of being 90 some freakin years old and he eats bacon for breakfast, a bacon sandwich for lunch and drinks his supper. Great movies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here are some clips ColonyPark and some extras.:lol:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also always liked the Burgess Meredith line where he says something to the effect of being 90 some freakin years old and he eats bacon for breakfast, a bacon sandwich for lunch and drinks his supper. Great movies!

Here is that clip.

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Excellent thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts