Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reverse Pedal Mod.jpg

The photo above shows my "home brewed" modification to the reverse pedal on my 425. It was made using a 1/4 bolt, 2 nuts, two washers, and a rubber electric motor mount salvaged from a previous project.
I drilled a clearance hole in the top of the existing reverse pedal,and the same size hole in the side of the motor mount, inserted the slotted head bolt from the underside of the pedal and attached the rubber mount using a nut I had force fit in the through hole. You can see the nut in the photo. This mod took
about 30 minutes and it resulted in about an inch more pedal travel causing reverse speed to increase to about the same as forward speed.

·
Administrator
20,476 Posts
Nice upgrade.:good2: Does your foot get caught on it?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Thats a great idea. His foot should not get caught on it Jason as its off to the right. The 425 and 445 have the forward and reverse pedals connected so when you push down the forward, the reverse pedal rises.

Reverse is SO slow in those models. I would put my foot under the forward pedal and pull it up to gain speed.

I like what you did, good job :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,548 Posts
You could sell that for $25 on eBay:good2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Foot hasn't gotten caught yet.

Nice upgrade.:good2: Does your foot get caught on it?
I have only tried it out once since I just completed the mod yesterday. That said I don't think it is going to be a problem even when getting on and off from the right side. I wanted something rubber so my foot wouldn't slip off. I think it is going to work very well and the best part is that it was CHEAP!

·
Registered
84 Posts
JDgeek,

There are 3 or 4 people selling different "Enhanced Reverse Pedals" on eBay for $15 to $60. I also made one that cost me about $1.00. I used a 2" long 1/2" bolt and 2 1/2" nuts. I ground the head of the bolt flat and it fits inside the pedal. The top is a hyrdo release knob from a 317 GT. The reverse linkage on my was real loose so I used a 2" bolt, but a 1 1/2" would probably be OK.

View attachment 8855

More time than money.

GotDeeres

1 - 6 of 6 Posts