Green Tractor Talk banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Kind of disappointed in Mil. Elect., haven't heard back from them about the problem, seems I should have at least got a reply that
they're looking into it or some type of acknowledgement or even a *bite us OC* :laugh:.
Do you have any Milwaukee authorized repair centers near you? If so, it might be worthwhile to call them or even see if you can stop by. The one piece and Quik-Lok trimmers have been out long enough for them to have seen issues if any exist.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,520 Posts
Do you have any Milwaukee authorized repair centers near you? If so, it might be worthwhile to call them or even see if you can stop by. The one piece and Quik-Lok trimmers have been out long enough for them to have seen issues if any exist.
Unfortunately none anywhere near me.

Like I said, it was a problem easy to fix, totally happy with the performance of both the trimmer and pole saw (especially
cutting speed of the pole saw).

Think it definitely could cause problems down the road electrical contact wise and battery wise if left unfixed.
The idea of power contacts vibrating around at a high speed is not a good thing any way you look at it.
Eventually that would cause high resistance as contacts loose tension and therefore generate heat and on and on. IMHO.

Does it happen in all units or just a few, don't know.
Is it worse in some units, don't know.

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
So how is everyone making out with the Quik-Lok tools? I've been using the pole hedge trimmer more than anything. I will say, I wish Milwaukee could have shaved off a few pounds because it gets HEAVY very quickly. I have used it several times on my shoulder-high hedge and it works as expected. But where I've been using the DICKENS out of it is for trimming weeds at the top of and on the slope of a steep bank that is otherwise hard to access. I stand at the top of the bank and reach down over with the pole. My old B&D pole trimmer never liked cutting tall grass. But man, this thing should also be marketed as a powered scythe as it cuts through tall grass and weeds like a sum-bytch.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I only have the trimmer but it has been working great! I’m still on the original string.

I’ve only needed to run it on low. The battery lasts just long enough for me to do what is needed. I’ve found the battery life is just about right for my endurance any way. Without actually timing it I’d say it lasts 30-40 minutes.

The only thing has been for me is the string not advancing a couple times. It seems to get on top of each other in the spool - gets so tight it won’t advance. Easy enough to take it off and restring.

I’ve never seen one like this how you restring. Pretty neat and actually works quite well.

I’m dying to get some more 18v and 12v tools now.....

·
Old Pa-pa
11,520 Posts
Used the string trimmer several times on some tall weeds, all things considered, does a better job than my old gasoline Homelite.

Used the pole saw a lot more, still amazed at its' cutting speed and battery longevity, but it does get a little
weighty with the extender pole, lots of leverage working against you as is expected.

Only use the extender when I really need it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
It is heavier than any gas powered tool I have used but not bad gas ethanol worries, I'll take it. Used the pole saw mostly, cut a few 8-9" pine branches the other day like butter. Very pleased and still on the original charge. Would like to find a safe way to transport. I know if I carried it perpendicular to the tractor I would get distracted and with all the tight spots and low hanging limbs around here I would turn it into the saw that cuts around corners in no time. I have the back hoe on most of the time so back there is not an option.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
It is heavier than any gas powered tool I have used but not bad gas ethanol worries, I'll take it. Used the pole saw mostly, cut a few 8-9" pine branches the other day like butter. Very pleased and still on the original charge. Would like to find a safe way to transport. I know if I carried it perpendicular to the tractor I would get distracted and with all the tight spots and low hanging limbs around here I would turn it into the saw that cuts around corners in no time. I have the back hoe on most of the time so back there is not an option.
I carry my pole saw in the hooks of my iMatch hitch - fits perfectly. However as you saw you really have to remember it’s back there as I am sneaking through the trees.

E8B7E12E-7AE3-4553-B42E-E00091B55CD7.jpeg

————-

I will eventually be getting the pole saw attachment. I currently have the Harbor Freight Lynxx model. Have used that extensively over the past couple years. It has worked very well but is showing it’s age and use. I used it every day for about 1/2 hour cutting up my huge tree a couple years ago.

274154F2-B817-42A7-A3DF-A7570EADA822.jpeg

·
Registered
982 Posts
I carry my pole saw in the hooks of my iMatch hitch - fits perfectly. However as you saw you really have to remember it’s back there as I am sneaking through the trees.

View attachment 704630

————-
If I diid that it would cut around two corners at once in the first hour. Your a brave man:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Probably the best weed whacker I've ever owned, without the hassles of yet one more finnicky 2-cycle engine to maintain. Tons of power for both the trimmer and pole saw. I have 5 or 6 other Milwaukee M18 tools, so definitely achieving the economies of scale, and no shortage batteries or chargers around here. Back in the woods, I carry the pole saw like a lance, supported on the loader frame. I can ride the trails through there lopping branches without even leaving the seat.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I'm glad some people on here have been able to get the pole saw and like it. I was planning on buying it, but with a situation at work where I didn't know if I'd have a job I held off. With my work status set I ordered the pole saw, trimmer head and edger on October 13 from homedepot.com and was going to have it shipped to the store on east side of Madison WI. Simple enough right? BOY WAS IT NOT.

It is now the 23rd and still no shipment. Order status tracking shows that the shipments left Joliet Illinois on October 17 and were supposed to be here on October 21. As of this morning the order status still shows they departed Joliet Illinois on October 17, but haven't arrived anywhere. I think I could have walked them from Joliet IL to Madison WI by now. I called HD customer service and they told me that the items were at the store in Madison. Really? Called the store in Madison and you guessed it, NOPE, not there. Lady would check on order and call me back. When she did said that items were not in stock and out of season so they couldn't get anymore in. HUH? Items were never in stock in store so order them online and shipped to store for pickup I told her. Oh she responded, well they aren't here. I called back HD customer sservice. They called the store directly and the same lady gave a different story to him than she did me. They charged my credit card on October 14 for all of this. He went ahead and reordered , but I told him forget it and cancel the order. OK he said and we hung up. Ten minutes later I get a phone call from the HD in Madison. Different person this time. He tells me I see that you want to cancel this order now. Yes I say. He tells me that since this is a special order being shipped to the store, the order can't be cancelled until all the items have arrived at the store. Which by they way the new updated date for arrival is now October 30. Seriously? I had ordered the items again from HD, but was having them shipped to my house instead. That order status said it would be at my door Friday the 25th. After 30 minutes I cancelled that order as well and said the hell with it. I'll just use my manual pole saw, my recip saw and my Milwaukee chain saw. I have three pine trees, each 30 feet tall that I am taking down. I'll just trim off as high as I can reach and then fell the trees and cut them up on the ground.

Be a cold day in hell before I shop at HD again.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I'm glad some people on here have been able to get the pole saw and like it. I was planning on buying it, but with a situation at work where I didn't know if I'd have a job I held off. With my work status set I ordered the pole saw, trimmer head and edger on October 13 from homedepot.com and was going to have it shipped to the store on east side of Madison WI. Simple enough right? BOY WAS IT NOT.

It is now the 23rd and still no shipment. Order status tracking shows that the shipments left Joliet Illinois on October 17 and were supposed to be here on October 21. As of this morning the order status still shows they departed Joliet Illinois on October 17, but haven't arrived anywhere. I think I could have walked them from Joliet IL to Madison WI by now. I called HD customer service and they told me that the items were at the store in Madison. Really? Called the store in Madison and you guessed it, NOPE, not there. Lady would check on order and call me back. When she did said that items were not in stock and out of season so they couldn't get anymore in. HUH? Items were never in stock in store so order them online and shipped to store for pickup I told her. Oh she responded, well they aren't here. I called back HD customer sservice. They called the store directly and the same lady gave a different story to him than she did me. They charged my credit card on October 14 for all of this. He went ahead and reordered , but I told him forget it and cancel the order. OK he said and we hung up. Ten minutes later I get a phone call from the HD in Madison. Different person this time. He tells me I see that you want to cancel this order now. Yes I say. He tells me that since this is a special order being shipped to the store, the order can't be cancelled until all the items have arrived at the store. Which by they way the new updated date for arrival is now October 30. Seriously? I had ordered the items again from HD, but was having them shipped to my house instead. That order status said it would be at my door Friday the 25th. After 30 minutes I cancelled that order as well and said the hell with it. I'll just use my manual pole saw, my recip saw and my Milwaukee chain saw. I have three pine trees, each 30 feet tall that I am taking down. I'll just trim off as high as I can reach and then fell the trees and cut them up on the ground.

There are other places to order Milwaukee stuff.

I just looked at CPO Outlets - they have the pole saw and hedge trimmer in stock and will ship today. It takes 2 days to get to me usually.

·
Premium Member
11,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Called the store in Madison and you guessed it, NOPE, not there. Lady would check on order and call me back. When she did said that items were not in stock and out of season so they couldn't get anymore in. HUH?
Huh is right. Since when did pole saws become seasonal? Isn't fall and winter when you are supposed to trim branches when the trees go dormant?

That's a bummer. I sure feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
There are other places to order Milwaukee stuff.

I just looked at CPO Outlets - they have the pole saw and hedge trimmer in stock and will ship today. It takes 2 days to get to me usually.
CPO outlets is where I looked to tell Home Depot off. Home Depots own website where I ordered from shows them in stock. Ship to myself and I could have them here on Friday according to their website. I highly doubt that.

At this point I have two charges for 700 bucks each on my credit card due to this. I'm waiting for the one I order today then cancelled 30 minutes later to clear and then going to look elsewhere. Might just get the pole saw at this point and skip the trimmer and edger to save the cash. I'm disputing the original charge on my credit card with Home Depot. Special order to store requires all items to be delivered to store before I can cancel and get a refund. Yet no one can tell me where the items are at. Says they've shipped, but arrival date just keeps getting pushed back.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Huh is right. Since when did pole saws become seasonal? Isn't fall and winter when you are supposed to trim branches when the trees go dormant?

That's a bummer. I sure feel your pain.
Maybe it's like buying clothes. Have to buy a swimming suit in January to get one.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Well guess what showed up at Home Depot yesterday???? My pole saw, plus the trimmer and edger attachments. My original order from 10/13 is still lost in the wind somewhere. The order that came in was the reorder that the Home Depot customer service agent placed.

Hopefully will get a chance to give it a go next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 116 of 116 Posts