Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the sting wears off from purchasing my 1025r, my focus has turned to implements.

The first two that come to mind are a box blade or a home made version of the "Big Tool Rack". The box blade I will probably just buy used as it doesn't have to be pretty, just do the job. The three point carry all/Reese hitch/tool holder is something that would be fun to create. I have thought about additions to the "Heavy Hitch" to make it's utility worth my while as well. The "Big Tool Rack" would be nice to purchase, but I can't justify the price tag and there are a couple of features I would prefer to add. At this point I'm leaning toward making my own with provisions for three Reese hitch receivers, shovel and axe holders, and weight bracket. I have two trailers I like to move when I mow, so having a 2" and 2 5/16" ball at the ready would be nice. I also have a lawn roller and JD model 80 cart that I would like a regular hitch for. Has anyone made a Swiss-army-knife attachment like this in their shop?

I would also like to switch from my home-made pull sprayer to a sprayer that works with this hitch (maybe a heavy-duty rack that uses two of the receiver locations).

The sprayer I made a few years ago may have to go when I sell my old Allis Chalmers B.

IMG_5891.jpg

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I've been salivating over a pto driven 3-point sprayer myself. I can't stop thinking of more things to buy to use with my tractor....it's a disease!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been thinking about making something similar to the big tool rack also. I absolutely love his product and wish I had one but its too rich for my blood. I know mine won't be anywhere as nice but I'm going to give it a whirl.:laugh:

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
233 Posts

I purchased one of these from dealer, but you can get them at other tool stores also. It has a 2" receiver on it which you can attach a ball or a rack. My rack I doubles as a holder for my 25 gallon sprayer.

Kind Regards,
mdgilbreath
1026R with H120 FEL with a WR Long Tooth Bar
Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks http://www.boltonhooks.com
54" Deck mower quick detach
48" Frontier bush hog
48"Frontier box blade
JD imatch hitch
25 Gallon 12 volt Sprayer County Line from TSC
3 Point hitch rig with a 2" receiver bar for sprayer
2" Ball mount to pull utility trailer[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still like tinkering in the shop when I can and this seems like it is an easy enough project to play around with. At this point, I am looking at making a Reese hitch adapter with 3 locations. This would allow for a single removable hitch in the center, but also a beefier/more stable dual Reese configuration for tasks that warrant it.

Looking ahead, I would like to eventually make:

A dual boom sprayer
A one or two row cultivator
Weight rack
Maybe a one row planter if I can find a JD 71 planter unit reasonably priced.

Something like this is what really appeals to me right now. Of course mine would most likely be a little different design, but this has a lot of positive attributes. I would most likely add provisions for a scoop shovel holder, garden hoe/rake/spade holders, and maybe a couple of rear facing lights.

IMG_5898.JPG

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree about height options for the receiver. My first hitch (Cat 0) had a single receiver down low and it wouldn't go high enough to lift the boat trailer tongues that were resting on tongue jacks. I also spread things out for 10 weights. Recently, I made up a holder to clamp the line trimmer for starting. I'm getting too old to get down on my knees to start it and i need to use my left arm for pull starting when possible.

Attachments

Reactions: RandyM and pcabe5

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is the rack I have made. It is sort of like Omni carry all rack. http://omni-mfg.com/OMNI-Carry-All-P316281.aspx
[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=223178&d=1468255771"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=223186&d=1468255771"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=223194&d=1468255771"]
[/iurl]

It goes into my Omni transformer hitch gooseneck reciever.
[iurl="http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=223202&d=1470763879"]
[/iurl]
Nice job with your setup. I need something like this for my saws and what not

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree about height options for the receiver. My first hitch (Cat 0) had a single receiver down low and it wouldn't go high enough to lift the boat trailer tongues that were resting on tongue jacks. I also spread things out for 10 weights. Recently, I made up a holder to clamp the line trimmer for starting. I'm getting too old to get down on my knees to start it and i need to use my left arm for pull starting when possible.
Agree with you grandpa. The stock "hitch" is useless at best.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I still like tinkering in the shop when I can and this seems like it is an easy enough project to play around with. At this point, I am looking at making a Reese hitch adapter with 3 locations. This would allow for a single removable hitch in the center, but also a beefier/more stable dual Reese configuration for tasks that warrant it.

Looking ahead, I would like to eventually make:

A dual boom sprayer
A one or two row cultivator
Weight rack
Maybe a one row planter if I can find a JD 71 planter unit reasonably priced.

Something like this is what really appeals to me right now. Of course mine would most likely be a little different design, but this has a lot of positive attributes. I would most likely add provisions for a scoop shovel holder, garden hoe/rake/spade holders, and maybe a couple of rear facing lights.

View attachment 219482

That is pretty cool looking where did you find it? I like the two trailer hitches on the bottom. You could slide in all sorts of cool stuff...forks, weight bracket, toolbar etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts