Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wife has her first cold of the season, she's trying to pass it on to me, but I ain't havin' none of that, if I can help it.
Gonna' nip this in the bud quick-like today.
Already pulled out two chicken breasts from the freezer, got'em thawing out in a big pan of tap water.
Should be 'bout ready to put them in a stew pot (3 gallon stainless pot) somewhere around 10:00 this a.m.
Cover with water three times the depth of the chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot and put on a slow-roll boil.
Let them boil for about an hour and turn the heat down to #2 setting, take the breasts out and let'em cool down, keep the same broth in the pot (that's the part that kicks a$$ on the cold-bug), strip the meat off the breasts when cool enough to handle with hands, toss it back in the low-heat pot, add some garlic salt to taste, some black pepper, some baby carrots, couple spoon fulls of Wylers Chicken Flavor granules.
Let it cook till the carrots are soft and tender enough, add a bag of old-fashioned wide egg noodles, and about 20-30 minutes later when the noodles are just right, it's time to eat.
Don't forget some nice Italian bread, sliced, buttered, and a little dash of garlic salt on each one, and a pinch of oregano flakes, heated in the oven @ 300* just long enough to lightly bake them on a tray.
Nice cold iced tea, and it's time to chow down. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
You made me want soup!

No chicken here but some good beef bones for soup, going to cook them overnight tonight...
Hope your wife feels better.

Well, the wife has her first cold of the season, she's trying to pass it on to me, but I ain't havin' none of that, if I can help it.
Gonna' nip this in the bud quick-like today.
Already pulled out two chicken breasts from the freezer, got'em thawing out in a big pan of tap water.
Should be 'bout ready to put them in a stew pot (3 gallon stainless pot) somewhere around 10:00 this a.m.
Cover with water three times the depth of the chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot and put on a slow-roll boil.
Let them boil for about an hour and turn the heat down to #2 setting, take the breasts out and let'em cool down, keep the same broth in the pot (that's the part that kicks a$$ on the cold-bug), strip the meat off the breasts when cool enough to handle with hands, toss it back in the low-heat pot, add some garlic salt to taste, some black pepper, some baby carrots, couple spoon fulls of Wylers Chicken Flavor granules.
Let it cook till the carrots are soft and tender enough, add a bag of old-fashioned wide egg noodles, and about 20-30 minutes later when the noodles are just right, it's time to eat.
Don't forget some nice Italian bread, sliced, buttered, and a little dash of garlic salt on each one, and a pinch of oregano flakes, heated in the oven @ 300* just long enough to lightly bake them on a tray.
Nice cold iced tea, and it's time to chow down. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts