Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a recent owner of a 1025rTLB. Very happy with it so far although have minimal seat time. only had it a month and it has been great but spent as much time making forks as using it so far. The winter here just has not wanted to let up, to cold and or wet to do outside work. I'd have bought some forks but it just wasn't in the budget right now. Any way wanted to show you all my home made setup and see what ya'll think.
I used em all last weekend picking up downed trees and tops and such from the winter ice storm here. Worked great ,to short,34", but otherwise very good. Just painted em so they won't rust now that I Know they work ok.They are quick attach and tool less, came out as well as I could have expected for under $100.00

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Looks good! You got busy right away! I am still needing a set of forks for mine. They will come someday.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,492 Posts
What stops the tines from sliding together/apart?

·
Administrator
20,717 Posts
Pretty cool. Nice simple design. I like your innovation.:good2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fellas
They don't slide on their own just due to how they sit in the frame. They are 4" wide "C" channel. They slide easily if you put one hand at the top and the other down at the 90 degree/base of the fork and push, otherwise they bind into place. So far its not been an issue. If it becomes a problem I'll add little "lock blocks" on the back of frame for the latch pins to sit between.
I needed forks desperately for the tractor to be effective after the winter and ice storm has my place covered in downed trees and tops
Took me a few days of "mulling" things over for the light bulb to come on in my head. I was overthinking it as usual.
This frame should and "C" channel/hitch pin setup should allow me to swap on my snow plow and or about anything else I can fab up with the basic tools that I have. I plan on adding a grapple type top thumb at some point.
T cass , Forks are far better for moving firewood. I am starting to wonder if tractors should come with forks standard as I suspect I'll use them far more than the bucket.
Thanks all for the kind comments, Thought I'd share this as I have not seen any built like this and its just what I was looking for/needed, but couldn't find. Something practical that was doable at home with basic tools and a welder.
It seems to be quite capable of picking up or pushing down anything the 1025r can safely handle. If I develop any issues with it I'll let you all know.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,492 Posts
Nice job potential.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great job! Forks are really useful!

...and look at that, no snow! I still have a foot and a half on my front lawn... :thumbsdown:

Mr. Moose

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Yea,, very nice looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts