Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The home made forks pictured can be yours for around $100. providing you can weld. The fork material is 4" wide X 3/4" thick X 40" long cold rolled steel and is the only part I had to purchase. The rest of the steel used is left over from other projects.

The usable length as pictured is 27" which I use for gathering fire wood logs, taking brush to the burn pile and holding logs (waist high) while they are cut to splitting length. I have used this type of fork for about 17 years, mostly on my 650 and on my 2032R since 2014. Note that the fork ends were left with a square nose which helps keep the tip on top of the ground when growsing for logs. Sharp ends will dive into the earth quickly.

The upper lip of the bucket will need reinforcing. I used angle iron (1 1/2" X 1 1/2" X 1/4" + bucket length) for this and bolted it in place. This provides support for the fork and stiffens the area where you may have your chain hooks mounted.

I some times need a locator bar to keep the forks from moving, however it is not needed that often. It takes seconds to place the forks and you are ready to go. If you are out in the woods and need your bucket, just drop the forks and you can use your bucket!

JD-DON:greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That's a lot of work but it turn out well. The ease of installing the fork was a great idea. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nice Fab job. You have a lot of time, thought and welding on that project. But it looks great.:bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts