Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made these to use on my 2025R, gave them a test run yesterday, I've added tension to a couple of springs and will add some weight for more down force, otherwise they worked better than expected. 4 shank 16" on center, I fully expected to have to remove two shanks but they actually pulled fine, but the tractor is green. :good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great, hang on I have to go put another shank or two on:laugh:

Nice job, I like the adjustability for width too. .:good2:
I had them 12" on center at first because my math sucks :lol: but 16" pulled easier, of course I was in a corn field with a ton of residue, had I run my discs through it first it would have been better. I will do that before I chisel the potato field to break up the sod.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I had them 12" on center at first because my math sucks :lol: but 16" pulled easier, of course I was in a corn field with a ton of residue, had I run my discs through it first it would have been better. I will do that before I chisel the potato field to break up the sod.
Awesome man! Excellent work and I want them. Strap it to a pallet and use your forks to put it on a truck. I'll p.m you shipping information... That work for you?

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome man! Excellent work and I want them. Strap it to a pallet and use your forks to put it on a truck. I'll p.m you shipping information... That work for you?
:lol: sure thing, anything for a friend :lol:
Your tractor could probably bury them much better, especially with R1's, although, I was pleasantly surprised, didn't really lack for traction.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
:lol: sure thing, anything for a friend :lol:
Your tractor could probably bury them much better, especially with R1's, although, I was pleasantly surprised, didn't really lack for traction.
I don't know about that, I still haven't got the R1's loaded yet.

Just by looking at your pics it looks to me you built it sized perfectly for your tractor. For real man, great job!

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
:bigthumb: boy-u've been busy this winter.:lol: i think they look great. way to go.

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
Strap it to a pallet and use your forks to put it on a truck. I'll p.m you shipping information... That work for you?
Great idea Shawn! Pat can start the traveling chisel plow loaner program like we have for the tire groover :lolol:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Great idea Shawn! Pat can start the traveling chisel plow loaner program like we have for the tire groover :lolol:
Like some previous tire groovers if the chisel plow ends up in my possession........ Well, Pat may need to build another plow

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great work, Pat. :bigthumb:

Where'd you get the spring shanks?
The shanks I had to buy from agri supply, there were cheaper ways to build a 4 shank I’m sure but I originally started this build as a two shank for my 1023e.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It looks like the crossbars that the shanks are attached to are only held onto the middle bar via welds where the 2x2 tubes meet. Is that going to be enough to stand up to the forces exerted on them over time? Or am I missing some additional connection method and support?

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It looks like the crossbars that the shanks are attached to are only held onto the middle bar via welds where the 2x2 tubes meet. Is that going to be enough to stand up to the forces exerted on them over time? Or am I missing some additional connection method and support?

Rob
That is correct, time will tell, the toolbar is welded on very good, (I didn't weld it):lol: Plus it's heavy duty toolbar, but I hope it holds up otherwise it's back to the drawing board and it will remain just my potato hiller. I was trying to set up one implement with multiple functions by just changing attachments. I also believe that my 2025 will lose traction first, but we'll see in a couple of weeks.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
I'm going to have to stop picking on you PJR832. :lol: I'm impressed, nice job. :thumbup1gif:
After seeing that, you REALLY should get yourself a welder.

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to have to stop picking on you PJR832. :lol: I'm impressed, nice job. :thumbup1gif:
After seeing that, you REALLY should get yourself a welder.
I know, been meaning to get one and step into the world of fabrication.

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
Looks like it worked well and the soil seems rich.

Looks like a tough day in the (LITTLE) field. :laugh:
^^^^^^
:mocking:

Seriously though Pat they look really cool!

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks pretty good!!:good2:
Looks like it worked well and the soil seems rich.

Looks like a tough day in the field. :laugh:
^^^^^^
:mocking:

Seriously though Pat they look really cool!
Thanks guys, it was a excruciating minute and half :lol: but that was just the test run, now that I know which way to hold the phone and make a video I'll try and get a full one of the potato field tillage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts