Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I need a front blade but it just came to the fact that I want one. Can't justify buying one even at dealer net, so I decided I would just build one. I already have a 6' blade from my 3pt rear blade and cylinders, so I just have to build the mounting frame. Bought the QA frame attaching brackets and mounted them to the inside of the main frame. I then used 2 pieces of 6x12x3/8 flat steel for the side pieces of my QA frame with two pieces of 11" tubing to weld between them to make the QA assembly. I am using a piece of hard 3/4" rod for the front holes on the top. The rear holes on top will have a stub welded from the inside of the QA that will slide into the slot on the rear of the QA attaching bracket. There will be a 5/8" diameter pin that will slide into the MMM front attaching brackets for additional support at the bottom of the QA. Once I know the QA frame slides into the tractor frame as it should, I will then make the push arm before welding the cylinder base anchor to the QA frame. Once I get it done, I'll probably be like a dog chasing a car tire. I won't know what I'm going to do with it once I have it. LOL!!

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Sounds great, but yeah, not to sound like a broken record, pics are a must

1 - 4 of 4 Posts