Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I just wanted to share my pallet fork design since I got much of my inspiration from members here.
Have about $300 into them including the quick attach hooks I bought from JD, I made the pins out of round bar.
The 4x4 extensions are for lifting my truck cap, sleds and seadoos.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Leney,
I like what you've done. What kind of weight are you able to lift and do you see any bowing in the forks with extra heavy loads? I like the addition of the clevis mounted on each side.

Dave B.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Nice job! :good2:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far the heaviest thing I have lifted was my '92 Polaris sl650 seadoo, which I believe is around 500lb dry

I did however have it maxed out lifting my sled with the extensions, because of where the motor sits, and lifting from the back, I have to be as close as possible to the rear or sled to be able to lift it

Little to no flex in forks, the 4x4s are a different story hahaha.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I understand the challenge lifting the snowmobile form the back being a problem since the leverage of the motor that far out front is huge. What I did for snowmobiles is to make a special size pallet that I run them un on and then pick them up from the side. I store them on pallet racks in my building during the off-season and this works well with my fork utility bucket used as a pallet fork. I also made some special sized pallets for the mower deck 3pt cultivator and snow blower so I can store them on the pallet racks. I hate losing floor space for months with these items when not in use.

Thanks for the information.

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
15,064 Posts
Very Nice

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,812 Posts
Very nice. :thumbup1gif:

Although, I had to hold my laptop sideways to view some of the pics. :gaah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts