Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use this power brush all the time. My neighbor gave me the motor. The base is made from 1 1/2 angle iron, 1/4" plate, the motors mount was welded to a piece of 3" square tube... the arm holding the angle iron tool shelf is made from a heated and bent 10" eye bolt, it's held on by two crosby U bolts.
I can easily move it anywhere in the shop or use it down in my small basement work shop.

The finer brush along with it's rubber feet allow it to work it's magic on rusty bolts or whatever needs a good cleaning without causing it to slide across the bench. It's been a very handy tool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I'll bet it's handy. Are you picking wires out of your shirt after using it?

When I was in high school auto shop, a kid in my class used to trim his fingernails on the bench grinder.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll bet it's handy. Are you picking wires out of your shirt after using it?

When I was in high school auto shop, a kid in my class used to trim his fingernails on the bench grinder.

mjncad very good question.....I don't stand right in front of it when I'm using it because of the possibility of getting hit by a wire, I also wear safety glasses and a face shield.

I have gotten struck by wires coming off my side grinders many times tho so I know it can and does happen.

Not to long ago I had a wire stick in my face even while having my face shield down, how it got under the face shield I don't know but wearing safety glasses is a must for myself and anyone that enters the shop. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
WOW! What is the diameter of that brush? It looks like it is pretty big. And what RPM is the motor, hope it isn't a 3500? :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randy it's a 7 or 8 " wheel, the motor I believe is around 1600 rpm, it's off a furnace blower, whats nice about the motor it has a cut out switch or temperature switch, if something gets pulled through the tool shelf it will turn off for a second then by itself start up again. It's probably a 1/4 HP, there is no information on the motor.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I have gotten struck by wires coming off my side grinders many times tho so I know it can and does happen.
So have I and sometimes those puppies sting pretty good.

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
He is a spammer. Ban him and remove the posts. You can tell by the broken English and nonsense replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts