Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Corndog Hater
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else out there making homemade wine? We bottled ours a few weeks ago. We made 3 carboys this year, which equates to 15 gallons or about 60 bottles. We made a Reisling and a Vidal Blanc for our whites. Our red was LaBrusca. We thought the red was Lambrusco, but then realized after the fact, we misread the label. It turned out ok this year. The red is decent although Mrs. CP is not a fan of it. The whites turned out pretty good. It finishes dry, so we leave some of it that way, but also sweeten some of it up too. We prefer wines that are semi dry to dry, so we don't sweeten too much. We try to keep it easy, so there are no fancy labels. We just use a Sharpie and abbreviate it on the cork. Speaking of corks, I got to try out my new floor corker that I got for Christmas馃徏. I am already looking forward to starting another batch come Fall

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441072829.181540.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441072844.518580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corndog Hater
Discussion Starter #3
We bottled this year鈥檚 white, Riesling and half of the blush, Isabella, today. We added no sugar so it has a dry finish. We ended up with 46 bottles, which is half of what we need to bottle. There is still another blush and a red to bottle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts