21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Do you deliver to Texas?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Funny story, once during a power failure a neighbor stopped by and asked me if I was trying to rub it in. At the time I had landscape lighting on a timer and of course it happened to be on when most of the rest of the neighborhood was in total darkness.
Back in 1997 Eastern Ontario and Quebec experienced an incredible ice storm. It wasn't uncommon to find a cylinder of ice 4 inches in diameter with a blade of grass in the center. I went there with several crews from my utility to help restore the electricity and get everyone back online. We were there for 24 days working 16 hour days. To the point, we were working on a rural road when a homeowner came to us and asked when the hydro would be up and running. We asked him where he lived and he told us. We said that we had finished on that road a day or two ago, and he told us that he knew that, he wanted to know when we would be finished on the road we were working on because all his neighbours were camped out at his place.

By the way, kudos to all the American forestry and linesmen who came North to help out with the 'Storm of the Century'.

·
Premium Member
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Back in 1997 Eastern Ontario and Quebec experienced an incredible ice storm. It wasn't uncommon to find a cylinder of ice 4 inches in diameter with a blade of grass in the center. I went there with several crews from my utility to help restore the electricity and get everyone back online. We were there for 24 days working 16 hour days. To the point, we were working on a rural road when a homeowner came to us and asked when the hydro would be up and running. We asked him where he lived and he told us. We said that we had finished on that road a day or two ago, and he told us that he knew that, he wanted to know when we would be finished on the road we were working on because all his neighbours were camped out at his place.

By the way, kudos to all the American forestry and linesmen who came North to help out with the 'Storm of the Century'.
We were in Quebec in February 98.
The trees all looked like death.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sorry, January 1998. Almost all of the trees were split by the Ice Storm.

·
Premium Member
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
With a couple recent threads discussing generators, I figured I'd bump this up again.

·
Premium Member
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Someone had reached out to me on this...It is sold.
Thanks!

Reactions: arlen
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.